Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friends??????

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Friends??????

Advertisements
    Looking for friends in the Gilmore terrace or surrounding area. I am new to base housing and my husband is stationed @32nd street. I am new to working out and I am looking for anyone who wants to walk in the mornings or jog. I am trying to join the military so I am trying to get in shape but since I never worked out before, I want to start with walking, jogging, Zumba, yoga or Pilates. Anyone interested? Also does anyone have picture of Gilmore terrace? Im moving there the 21st but I haven't seen the place aa yet.
  2. Senior Member

My dh is based at 32nd but deployed right now. I haven't heard of Gilmore Terrace, had to google and see that it's in La Mesa. I live down in Chula Vista which is pretty close to the border and seems far from everyone else!
    Hopefully there will be someone here who lives there and can workout with you.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Oh wow we have lived on Naples street in chula vista as well as otay lakes road and imperial beach. My favorite is Imperial Beach
  4. Senior Member

I live in a neighborhood off of Otay Lakes Rd near Bonita.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Nice. Are you going to school now?
  6. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgriebel View Post
    Nice. Are you going to school now?
    Yeah, I go to Miramar College... quite the drive but it's the only school south of Riverside and west of AZ that has an aviation program.
    ETA: BTW, I think you were confusing me with Navywife8? I noticed it in the other thread.
    Last edited by Navgirl; 03-16-2012 at 10:49 PM.
  7. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    My husband is stationed just across the bridge at North Island. I had never head of Gilmore terrace either I did the same thing that Navgirl did and Goggled it.

I currently live out in San Marcos, "North San Diego", closer to Oceanside. DD goes to school down on Coronado though twice a week, and so I work out while she's in school/do things to kill time I'd not be able to accomplish with her tagging along.(Like enjoying quiet time on the beach in the sun. Can't even sit down when at the beach with her )

So I only work out outside my house twice a week when DD's in school, and then I have the Wii fit and do my own workout at home.Which my Wii fit after a few hours kicks my butt! Lol... I'll be free during her spring break though April 2nd through April 8th ish.

Wish I could help with the housing but only housing area I'm somewhat familiar with in the Murphy canyon area. Maybe someone else on here can help with that though.
    Signature removed due to size.
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Finally Here

I am finally in Gilmore Terrace. I love it. It has so much closet space and its big. We are in a 2bedroom 1.5bathroom. The cupboards are the older cubboards with that ugly color but they are sturdy and alot of space. The garage is big and has a little sit in area. i love it
  9. Regular Member
    Hi! I'm in tierrasanta off the 15 near the q. My db is deployed right now but friends nearby are always great! Feel free to pm me!
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I will deifnitely hit you up. I am finally settled in, jst need to get my car registered and I am all set
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast