Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: La Mesa Housing & BAH

1. Regular Member

La Mesa Housing & BAH

Advertisements
    Please help me.. I'm a newbie to this forum, to Housing and I guess to the NAVY.. Quick story...
    Hubby and I LD for the last 4 yrs, finally moving to the US from Canada w/ our daughter. I'm headed down to SD before Hubby gets back from deployment and I wanted to have some places set up to view before he gets back. Is this possible?

Is there Base Housing that doesn't take all of your BAH? Any near La Mesa?

I found the "Lincoln Housing" site.. do they take all your BAH? Any places north of I-94 or I-8?

Thanks in advance...
  2. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Hi! No not all of lincolns properties take all if your bah. If u look on the site itll tell u how much rent is, and if it's not listed then it's full bah. I'm not sure which ones are near la mesa...i know of a few in santee but not sure if thats far from ur base. We're in chula vista in lofgren terrace rent is 1600. Theres a group on facebook if u have one with ladies at different properties if u wanna ask there I'll get u the name. I'm not familiar with anything that isn't military housing lol. Hope I helped!
    Quote Originally Posted by scentce View Post
    Please help me.. I'm a newbie to this forum, to Housing and I guess to the NAVY.. Quick story...
    Hubby and I LD for the last 4 yrs, finally moving to the US from Canada w/ our daughter. I'm headed down to SD before Hubby gets back from deployment and I wanted to have some places set up to view before he gets back. Is this possible?

Is there Base Housing that doesn't take all of your BAH? Any near La Mesa?

I found the "Lincoln Housing" site.. do they take all your BAH? Any places north of I-94 or I-8?

Thanks in advance...
  3. Senior Member

These are all the housing areas that offer flat rate rent. I didn't look at all the locations of each but there is La Mesa Park in La Mesa.

Bayview Hills
    Beech Street Knolls
    Bonita Bluffs
    Chollas Heights
    Chollas Heights Historical
    Eucalyptus Ridge
    Hilleary Park
    Home Terrace
    Howard Gilmore Terrace
    La Mesa Park
    Lofgren Terrace
    Paradise Gardens
    Park Summit
    Prospect View
    Ramona Vista
    River Place
    Terrace View Villas
    Vista Ridge
    Woodlake
  4. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

There are a lot of places that are, I think they call it, partial BAH. DH and I are on the wait-list for Paradise Gardens. Just give them a call they are very helpful. If you want I still have an e-mail that they gave me that includes the application, wait-lists and the rent amount that I can forward to you.

If you would like it PM me your e-mail.
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    LMH-San diego residents (sorry couldn't paste the link from my phone). Lincoln military housing also has a facebook page of their own I'm sure u can ask more questions there about viewing them. Good luck!
  6. Senior Member
    I know Murphy Canyon is north of the 8. If you are familiar with SD, it's just North of the 8 and just East of the 15, very very close to Qualcomm stadium.

It's maybe a 10 minute drive to La Mesa, to the West. I don't know if it is full BAH. That's the only one i can think of that is North of the 8, but there are so many housing areas in San Diego that I'm probably not familiar with half of them.

What is your interest in La Mesa?
  7. Regular Member
    DH has always lived in the barracks or one the ship.. so this is the first for both of us. Anything would be so helpful!

Abby - I can't PM b/c I'm new... my email is josececea@gmail.com thx again

Alicia thank you for all the info..

Thank you Navgirl

villanelle - We were in La Mesa Hotel living for 2 months before he deployed, so I'm familiar with the area and the drive is not too far to base! I like Mission and basically any area on the I-8.
    Last edited by scentce; 02-15-2012 at 01:57 AM. Reason: added more info..