Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just found out...San Diego here we come!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Hello Just found out...San Diego here we come!

Advertisements
    My husband came home yesterday with news that we are soon to be headed to San Diego. I was shocked! We just move to Pensacola a little over a year ago. Prior to that we were stationed in Arizona for 3 years. I can't tell you how thrilled I am. My DH will be in school out there for one year, after that I am sure he will then be assigned to a ship. I am not your typical Navy wife. I grew up an Army brat, so all I know is the military. As a child, I lived on base, but since being with DH (almost 15 years now), we have never lived on base. After looking at many post, it seems like military housing is the way to go in SD. We have 3 girls, all 10 and under, and 2 dogs, one German Shepherd and a maltese.
    When we moved to Pensacola, we made the mistake of secluding ourselves. I sure don't want that mistake again, esp. since hubby might be busy with school all the time.
    My question would be would you consider Murphy Canyon or Admiral Hartman? By the way DH is an E-7.

Oh and Hi!
  2. Senior Member
    YAY on San Diego orders!!!

Out of the 2 housing area's you've listed i'd pick Admiral Hartman. Its a single family home. But the only thing is no AC due to the "sea breeze" you get. We live in Chesterton housing, which is basically a mirror image of AH but we have ac. I have a friend that lives in Murphy Canyon and i hate it over there. If I'm going to be giving up all my BAH for pet housing i want a single family home and not have to share walls. Our area is quiet and nice. I LOVE it over here.

3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you for the information on Chesterton. I have been looking at the website so much, I for got to put that down too.
  4. Regular Member
    Hello! DH and i were just stationed in SD this summer. we started out in an apartment here but decided after looking into Lincoln Military housing that we wanted to do that instead. We moved into Murphy Canyon- Orleck Heights. I love it. it is a town house but i dont even notice it. We have friends that live in Chesterton and it is really nice. the house is spacious but it is also a town home. Orleck heights is great bc i feel like there are more ammenities. we have a skate park, playground, tennis court, basketball, street hockey and volleyball courts. there is a GREAT little gym at the office and a couple of baseball fields. the NEX is less than a mile from any house in Murphy Canyon. its great! and all new appliances. PM if you have questions. hope you love San Diego!
  5. I has me the bestest Hubblie!!
    I has me the bestest Hubblie!!
    WOOOOOO!!!! Yay SD
    Always his, Forever faithful
    DH: "i thinking about you all day long and wish i could fight this war and come home every night, but i will before we both know it. im the luckies man in the world because i found a girl like you and i put my name on it "
    NukesQueen, Pink2hiscamo, MonkeyEyes are my sister wives!!!
    USMCgf1 is my super moto marine spouse sister!!
  6. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I'm not familiar with those housing areas, but it looked like someone else answered. I love it here in San Diego. Good luck with your move!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  7. Senior Member

Admiral Hartman has single family homes, I am not sure what E7 housing in Murphy Canyon is like, they may be single, too... not sure. Also Admiral Hartman is closer to the coast, near Mission Bay, Murphy Canyon is near Mission Valley and more centrally located to everything.

Dh is an E7, too but we prefer to live off base. We live down in Chula Vista, in the southbay of SD.
  8. Senior Member
    Welcome to San Diego!
  9. Praying for a Miracle
    Praying for a Miracle
    Welcome to San Diego! I love it here. I know absolutely nothing about military housing though

Pleeeeeease stick!!!
  10. I has me the bestest Hubblie!!
    I has me the bestest Hubblie!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruingirl View Post
    Welcome to San Diego! I love it here. I know absolutely nothing about military housing though
    Random:
    OMG!!! The way I imagined you saying that was hilarious...
    Ok...
    Always his, Forever faithful
    DH: "i thinking about you all day long and wish i could fight this war and come home every night, but i will before we both know it. im the luckies man in the world because i found a girl like you and i put my name on it "
    NukesQueen, Pink2hiscamo, MonkeyEyes are my sister wives!!!
    USMCgf1 is my super moto marine spouse sister!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast