Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegas Baby...Here I Come...

1. Senior Member

Vegas Baby...Here I Come...

Advertisements
    In 12 days that is... I will be getting picked up from the air port at 9:30 at night on the 12th. I will be leaving mid morning of the 20th. I would like to meet up with at least someone while I'm being a house bunny for the DB while he's at work.

Also if you live in the area (DB and I will be in North Las Vegas) there is a question to answer... Where are the good places to find furniture? DB has bed...kinda, coffe table, and...um...well thats about it.

So he needs living room stuff and dining room stuff...And I say he needs a dresser...and maybe a new bed if the movers cant get his to him in one piece cause I don't think it will go back into one piece if taken apart.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm so happy for you.

As a native of Grand Rapids, I have to warn you that you are totally gonna miss our beautiful state.

I hope NV holds great things for you!
  3. Senior Member
    I'll be coming back! Only going to be seeing him for the 8 days.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Postal_Bunny View Post
    I'll be coming back! Only going to be seeing him for the 8 days.
    oooooh gotcha! Well I hope you have a great visit

edit: I totally missed where you clearly said you would be leaving. My bad!
  5. Senior Member
    In 12 days that is... I will be getting picked up from the air port at 9:30 at night on the 12th. I will be leaving mid morning of the 20th. I would like to meet up with at least someone while I'm being a house bunny for the DB while he's at work.

Also if you live in the area (DB and I will be in North Las Vegas) there is a question to answer... Where are the good places to find furniture? DB has bed...kinda, coffe table, and...um...well thats about it.

So he needs living room stuff and dining room stuff...And I say he needs a dresser...and maybe a new bed if the movers cant get his to him in one piece cause I don't think it will go back into one piece if taken apart.
    There's an Ashley furniture up in the North area (at 215 & Decatur) but I personally didnt like their furniture much and I thought the prices were too high. There is some okay furniture at the Nellis BX. In Summerlin there's a RC Willey furniture store, some good stuff there. Not far over the border in St. George, UT is Furniture Row, we got alot of stuff there. And, finally, in Southern CA is IKEA and we have alot their pieces.
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

6. Senior Member
    RC Willey clearance center on Craig Rd (he will know that road since it is road that runs from base). Colleens' cosignment center I have heard of and Walkers. There is also an Ashley (who does do financing if that is the route he wants to go) on Decatur and of course the BX.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redchicken View Post
    There's an Ashley furniture up in the North area (at 215 & Decatur) but I personally didnt like their furniture much and I thought the prices were too high. There is some okay furniture at the Nellis BX. In Summerlin there's a RC Willey furniture store, some good stuff there. Not far over the border in St. George, UT is Furniture Row, we got alot of stuff there. And, finally, in Southern CA is IKEA and we have alot their pieces.
    The clearance center for RC is ok but not much cheaper on some things than the real store. I like Ashley personally although it can be spendy. Just depends on what you get. We got DS's full size bed (headboard, foot and rails) for I think $99 or $129. Nothing super expensive. But I find them on the same price range as regular RC willey (which OP's guy can order online from them and have it delivered).
  8. Senior Member
    11 days...

I got the addresses on those mentionings and passed them onto DB when he got into his hotel tonight. He's been looking over websites with me and we're making a "to see" list.

Okay new question, best place for food? Groceries and maybe a few nice small places?

Also...anyone want to kidnap a Bunny for a bit? Maybe for lunch?
  9. Meow.
    Meow.
    11 days...

I got the addresses on those mentionings and passed them onto DB when he got into his hotel tonight. He's been looking over websites with me and we're making a "to see" list.

Okay new question, best place for food? Groceries and maybe a few nice small places?

Also...anyone want to kidnap a Bunny for a bit? Maybe for lunch?
    Smith's, Walmart, Fresh and Easy, Food 4 Less - since I know the area where your DB is living. I wouldnt go to the commissary.

As for fast food, there are a few places that are pretty good besides the normal places: China A-Go-Go and Roberto's (Mexican)

For shops like Target, Kohl's, Home Depot, Staples - go to the Deer Springs Town Center up on N 5th St right off the I-215. It's a nice area.
  10. Senior Member
    4 MORE DAYS!

And I've offered to make 6 batches of cookies for his flight and a dozen muffins for the office. He's a little excited at the cookie making because that means he gets to nom on the "test" cookies.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast