Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orleck Heights

1. Senior Member

Orleck Heights

Advertisements
    Just curious if any ladies on here lived in Orleck Heights? I switched DH and I from the wait list from Bayview over to Orleck today and wanted to see if I could meet up and make some new friends. They say the wait is 0-3 months but I'm sure it could be longer which is fine by me, DH is not coming home till after August but we are really excited to move. I also had a few questions on Orleck if I do find somone who lives there
  2. Senior Member

I live in Aero ridge, right next to orleck heights and have afew friends who live over there, what's your question/s?
  3. Senior Member
  4. Senior Member
    Thanks for the FB link!! I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the shuttle service they have(had) the housing office gave me a number but I wasn't able to get ahold of anyone. Also wondering if anyone else is on the wait list and how long they were told the wait was. I was originally put on Bayview list and when I went in to ask to switch they told me I was never even put on a list so I hope they really did add me to the orleck heights list. Im thinking I might have to check back in a week or so. Also looking for pics.
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Esctinkerbell View Post
    Thanks for the FB link!! I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the shuttle service they have(had) the housing office gave me a number but I wasn't able to get ahold of anyone. Also wondering if anyone else is on the wait list and how long they were told the wait was. I was originally put on Bayview list and when I went in to ask to switch they told me I was never even put on a list so I hope they really did add me to the orleck heights list. Im thinking I might have to check back in a week or so. Also looking for pics.
    Check back weekly. For real. The main housing office on base is such a hassle, but the more you check the more they keep aware of you. The Murphy Express is new, started with the last year. All I know about it is that it picks up at the NEX gas station by housing. Did you look online at lincoln military housing website? It shows floor plans....this is a good FB page....I'm not sure if it's the one that was already posted or not...

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

And housing pics can be hard because all the floorplans are different...
  6. Senior Member

The Murph Express is canceled according to MTS due to lack of use.
    iCommute - Murph Express
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    The Murph Express is canceled according to MTS due to lack of use.
    iCommute - Murph Express
    Yep Murphy Express did not have enough ridership in the pilot program this year for it to be worth it to keep it open. It is really such a shame that more people did not get on board with that program.
    ~ Sara ~
  8. Senior Member
    Thanks so much for all the info! With DH being stationed at 32nd and me working in Escondido, and only one car we might have to go with our 2nd choice Bayview Hills We loved the layout at Orleck Heights though
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Esctinkerbell View Post
    Thanks so much for all the info! With DH being stationed at 32nd and me working in Escondido, and only one car we might have to go with our 2nd choice Bayview Hills We loved the layout at Orleck Heights though
    Well you might still be able to go with Orleck Heights; you might just have to see if your DH could carpool with a coworker. There are tons of communities up in Murphy Canyon, also I have heard that the Navy was going to try and find another way to go, since the Murphy Express did't work. It might just take some work on your part if you all want to live at Orleck Heights.
    ~ Sara ~
  10. Regular Member
    Hey i am a little late to this party but DH and i live in Orleck Heights we love love love it. I am so happy here. We have been living with one car for a few months. it is not to bad. I drive DH to work and he has friends bring him home. the good thing about living in military housing is there are more than likely at least one other guy in his workplace that lives in the area. I love the area but it would be great to meet someother ladies in the area. PM maybe we can meet up when you get to the area.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast