Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannon, AFB in New Mexico?

1. Senior Member

Help Cannon, AFB in New Mexico?

Advertisements
    Anyone there?

DF and I just found out that's his next base. As in JUST, like 20 minutes ago, found out.

I googled 'Clovis, NM' and it said the top three things for entertainment are the model train museum, 'roller world' and Dairy Queen.

I'm freaking out.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  2. Senior Member
    i used to live in clovis as a kid , it is really small.

but Albuquerque is only a 3 ish hour drive away and we have more stuff here to do
    Due March 19 2009 born at 31w6d,54 day NICU stay(home march 11th w/o anything),4 days on vent,40ish days on O2 after that
    Due March 11 2012 born at 35w 1 d, 11 day NICU stay(home Feb 17 with O2 ),27 days on Oxygen
  3. Senior Member

I think Crystal is still there, she is one of the mods here.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by proudmomofowen View Post
    i used to live in clovis as a kid , it is really small.

but Albuquerque is only a 3 ish hour drive away and we have more stuff here to do
    The closest big city is 3 hours away?!

I seriously just want to do this right now:

I know a place is what you make it, but I feel like this is going to be really hard to 'make' better.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  5. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

We just moved from there. Crystal is still there.

It's really not that bad. I actually miss it and the small town-ness of it all And no lubbock is an hr, hr and a half away, something like that.
  6. Senior Member
    yeah Albuquerque is just where i live( and i dont go to lubbock so i didnt know how far that was) and it's where i know there are some things to do.... sorry didnt mean to make you freakout
    Due March 19 2009 born at 31w6d,54 day NICU stay(home march 11th w/o anything),4 days on vent,40ish days on O2 after that
    Due March 11 2012 born at 35w 1 d, 11 day NICU stay(home Feb 17 with O2 ),27 days on Oxygen
  7. Meow.
    Meow.
    Four of DH's friends from Germany are now stationed there. I've never heard anything bad from them. We almost ended up there, but got Vegas instead.
  8. Senior Member
    Thanks for the info guys! I'll have to look into Lubbock.

I hope there are so decent hospitals around, either on base or in town. I'd like to get my nursing career off to a good start

9. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Hola! Yep, I'm here. There is also Amarillo which is about 100 from here as well.

My favorite word of advice for Cannon... "This is a people assignment, not a location assignment." I've met some fabulous people here and I really don't mind it so much anymore.

Ask any questions... I'll try to answer!
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Hola! Yep, I'm here. There is also Amarillo which is about 100 from here as well.

My favorite word of advice for Cannon... "This is a people assignment, not a location assignment." I've met some fabulous people here and I really don't mind it so much anymore.

Ask any questions... I'll try to answer!
    Thanks for the advice, Crystal. I am going to try to keep that in mind as I slowly start thinking rationally again

My only real question is, how is the healthcare system out there? Is there a nice hospital nearby? A children's hospital?

Also, what have you heard about East New Mexico University?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast