Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: SD-kennel for pets

1. Senior Member

Question SD-kennel for pets

Advertisements
    we're going home next thanksgiving & i REALLY don't want to take our dog since we'll have a 4 yr old & (by then) a 5 month old. are there any good kennels around the SD area where we can leave our dog for about a week or less?

*reason for asking so far in advance is dh is highly attached to his dog so i want to find a really nice place that can win his heart over

2. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Check with Petsmart. The one in El Cajon, CA had a great one. My dogs were so spoiled there.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
    Check with Petsmart. The one in El Cajon, CA had a great one. My dogs were so spoiled there.
    we saw them when we lived there before & thought it was really cool but wasn't sure if it was a good place or not.

4. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Try Petsmart I worked with Petsmart for years including taking dogs make and forth from the doggie daycare's/ pet hotel when I was a groomer. They have a pretty good set up in the back that you won't see where the kennel's are, and every time I went to the one I worked in it was always clean and the dogs seemed well care for. I even gave some of them baths because the were my "regulars" and the owners requested I bathed them and trimmed their nails.

(that was for people on business trips 1-3weeks long though so I know you an leave them there for awhile and they would sill even get groomed and bathed if you wanted. Which either way if they need it I think they bathe them sense they have their own separate bathing area even separate from the grooming section. At least the Pets Hotel at the Petsmart I worked at in Texas had their own bathing area. . )
    Signature removed due to size.
  5. Senior Member
    Look into Camp Bow Wow in El Cajon. It is a really awesome place. The owner's are wonderful. It's clean, organized and they have camera's in all of the play areas so you can log onto their website and see your dog play while you're away. It is the only place that I would even consider leaving my dog while I'm away. If you call them, you can get a tour of the place. I promise you will be impressed.