Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: SD- Murphy Canyon :)

1. Senior Member

Neener SD- Murphy Canyon :)

Advertisements
    So excited! The end of Jan (I know, it's still 2 months away) I can submit all the papers to see if there's a house available for us!! If there is, we can do a pre-lease until we get there in March. If not, we'll have to see what happens after we set foot in CA.

2. Senior Member

Murphy Canyon is pretty nice, I have friends that live in Orleck Heights which is the same area. Murphy Canyon is just one of the housing divisions there but it is also basically a blanket name for all the housing in that area such as Aero Ridge, Orleck Heights, Santo Terrace, Canyon View, etc.
    I prefer to rent out in town so I live down in the southbay but MC is centrally located to everything which is nice and since it's located off the I-15 it's a straight shot to Naval Base San Diego (aka 32nd st) and to MCAS Miramar.

So where will you and/or your S/O be based? My dh is based at 32nd St. He's deployed right now, though. And where in TX are you from? I am from Ft. Worth and a Longhorn fan, too!
  3. Senior Member
    I live Chesterton mil housing (the single family homes), its about 7-10 mins from MC. I have a few friends that live over there. Hopefully you get pre-leased a house! If no, check into Chesterton. They allow 2 dogs, but are for E6-E9. 3 bedrooms are always on the hot sheet for this housing!

4. Senior Member
    There is also tons of other housing! Nice ones too. I live in a very nice area in housing called Lofgren Terrace. Love it here! We pay 400$ under BAH too.
  5. Senior Member
    So where will you and/or your S/O be based? My dh is based at 32nd St. He's deployed right now, though. And where in TX are you from? I am from Ft. Worth and a Longhorn fan, too!
    I talked to housing and we will either be in Orleck Heights or Santo Terrace because of our large breed dog. DH will be at Coronado with a SEAL team, he's a corpsman. I was born in El Paso but raised in San Anonio & met DH in Temple. My brother & his family live in NRH I miss Tx soooooo much!!!

6. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kgr07 View Post
    I talked to housing and we will either be in Orleck Heights or Santo Terrace because of our large breed dog. DH will be at Coronado with a SEAL team, he's a corpsman. I was born in El Paso but raised in San Anonio & met DH in Temple. My brother & his family live in NRH I miss Tx soooooo much!!!
    I had my second son in NRH at HCA North Hills! I grew up just outside of Keller but the part we lived in was not officially part of Keller or Ft. Worth for decades. Now in the last couple years Ft. Worth has officially taken responsibility for that area so my mom's address went from being in Keller to Ft. Worth and she got a brand new house number, too.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    I had my second son in NRH at HCA North Hills! I grew up just outside of Keller but the part we lived in was not officially part of Keller or Ft. Worth for decades. Now in the last couple years Ft. Worth has officially taken responsibility for that area so my mom's address went from being in Keller to Ft. Worth and she got a brand new house number, too.
    oh wow, that's crazy. my mom has a good friend that lives in keller, they went to high school together. how long have you been in CA?

8. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kgr07 View Post
    oh wow, that's crazy. my mom has a good friend that lives in keller, they went to high school together. how long have you been in CA?
    In the last 16 years, I have lived in CA for 11 1/2 years, been in CA since 1995 with a year in IL and 3 1/2 years in Korea. When I had my second son in TX I was there only a few months in 1999 because my husband had gone to school in FL for those few months and I could not go with him since it was less than 6 months, couldn't stay in Chicago where we were living by myself with a toddler nor could I go to our next duty station San Diego by myself so I pretty much had no choice but to stay with my parents to have the baby. So anyway we're here in SD till at least Dec 2013 when dh either retires or if we get lucky and are offered orders to Korea again he will stay in for that. I loved Korea.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    In the last 16 years, I have lived in CA for 11 1/2 years, been in CA since 1995 with a year in IL and 3 1/2 years in Korea. When I had my second son in TX I was there only a few months in 1999 because my husband had gone to school in FL for those few months and I could not go with him since it was less than 6 months, couldn't stay in Chicago where we were living by myself with a toddler nor could I go to our next duty station San Diego by myself so I pretty much had no choice but to stay with my parents to have the baby. So anyway we're here in SD till at least Dec 2013 when dh either retires or if we get lucky and are offered orders to Korea again he will stay in for that. I loved Korea.
    wow that's awesome! we were in SD for 10 months before coming to Washington State. we've been here 3 yrs & will be in SD for 4 yrs so once we get there DH has to reenlist again. he really wants a deployment so we'll see what happens!