Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oceanside, CA

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Oceanside, CA

Advertisements
    Hi!! So DF and I will be moving to Oceanside the end of March, Beginning of April. I would love to live on base, but since we wont be getting married until the beginning of March, thats really not an option. SOO i'm looking at apartments close to base in Oceanside... And I found Missions at Rancho Del Oro... I am IN LOVE with these apartments!!! Not only is rent with-in what DF's BAH will be(with me as a dependent) the apartments are FURNISHED which means I wouldnt really have to move A lot of stuff. Only the things I need to keep, clothes. TV's(cuz im not selling them) Personal items. pictures, and anything else of special meaning to us.

Does anyone live in these apartments/ know someone who does? That can give me some more information??? They are running a military special right now through the 12/1/2012. I emailed them asking for more information, but thought I'd chech here to see if anyone can give me more info as well!!
    THanks
  2. I have a fever,and the only prescription is, MORE cowbell
    I have a fever,and the only prescription is, MORE cowbell
    I live right near here. They are in the not Ghetto part of O-side.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    so then its a good neighborhood?? lol We are planning on TTC right away and I dont want to be in a bad neighborhood. I would really prefer to live on base but that reallyisnt an option right away.
  4. I have a fever,and the only prescription is, MORE cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by AMarineLovesMe View Post
    so then its a good neighborhood?? lol We are planning on TTC right away and I dont want to be in a bad neighborhood. I would really prefer to live on base but that reallyisnt an option right away.
    Oceanside has more Ghetto areas that not when you live off base, but that area is nice. It is also close to a daycare, and elementary, middle, and the nicer High school. It is also near several shopping centers. That apt complex isn't far from the back gate.

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever*Suarez View Post
    Oceanside has more Ghetto areas that not when you live off base, but that area is nice. It is also close to a daycare, and elementary, middle, and the nicer High school. It is also near several shopping centers. That apt complex isn't far from the back gate.
    I was looking for something as close to Camp Pendleton as possible, that was still in a nice area. I absolutely love that apartment complex. Where in Oceanside do you live?
  6. I have a fever,and the only prescription is, MORE cowbell
    I live about a mile from there. When I first got here, DH lived in a super terrible apt in a not so hot area. I was like, HELL NO. I looked for something else and we got lucky finding our condo in this area.

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    awesome! maybe we will have to meet when we get out there! i am 98% sure I will be moving with him at this point. So im excited and nervous at the same time!! haha
  8. I have a fever,and the only prescription is, MORE cowbell
    awesome! maybe we will have to meet when we get out there! i am 98% sure I will be moving with him at this point. So im excited and nervous at the same time!! haha
    Sounds good! I bet. It's a change. I love being so close to D-land!

9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Im excited to be close to the beach! lol And to have warm weather...i hate the cold. It just started snowing today, and I am already ready for it to be summer!! lol DF thinks im crazy for looking at apartments already, but I like to be prepared and find something i like. $200 will hold the apartment, and they have a military special so rent will be between 1500-1599 for a 2bdrm 1 bath, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this apartment complex. I know DF will too because they have a game room with a pool table, and they also have a theater haha! I also love the fact that the apartmenst are furnished...which means we wont have to worry about moving all my stuff out right away, i can store it at my parents or sell what I dont need for extra money. I am also convincing DF to drive from NE to WA to CA because its WAY cheaper than flying, and shipping my car out there. He's not to thrilled with the idea yet!!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Hi!! So DF and I will be moving to Oceanside the end of March, Beginning of April. I would love to live on base, but since we wont be getting married until the beginning of March, thats really not an option. SOO i'm looking at apartments close to base in Oceanside... And I found Missions at Rancho Del Oro... I am IN LOVE with these apartments!!! Not only is rent with-in what DF's BAH will be(with me as a dependent) the apartments are FURNISHED which means I wouldnt really have to move A lot of stuff. Only the things I need to keep, clothes. TV's(cuz im not selling them) Personal items. pictures, and anything else of special meaning to us.

Does anyone live in these apartments/ know someone who does? That can give me some more information??? They are running a military special right now through the 12/1/2012. I emailed them asking for more information, but thought I'd chech here to see if anyone can give me more info as well!!
    THanks

Do NOT move to that neighborhood. It looks really nice but full of gangs and it's considered the ghetto. The thing with Oceanside is that the older looking communities are actually the better safer ones...the new track home areas are crime infested. We just moved from Presidio (right down the street) after being robbed, having my 8 year old child jumped more than once, my 7 year olds shoes being stolen because I dared buy her brand names, cars vandalized, etc. There are frequest shootings and stabbings in the area.

Closer to the beach in Oceanside is better, otherwise go to Carlsbad.

If you don't have kids and are below e-4 do NOT live on base in camp pendleton, it's a huge rip off.

BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast