Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Need CDH / Child Care San Diego asap!

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Need CDH / Child Care San Diego asap!

Advertisements
    I've been working for a several weeks in Mission Valley and am in desperate need of a permanent care giver for my kids. We live in Point Loma (The Village at NTC) and I work off of I8/163N. If you or anyone you know provides in home child care at rates comparable to what CDC charges please contact me. They have been on the wait list for almost 6 weeks now and I have no idea how long it could be. We asked my dad to come watch them for a little while until we find someone/somewhere that has space available. I have interviewed a few care givers in the area that charge way more than I can afford, non-military of course. As it stands, I am working to help my household, and already half of what I make would go to child care according to CDC rates.

Thanks in advance!!

PS, I am trying to avoid going all the way to Murphy Canyon because the traffic to/from there is pretty hectic. But I am willing to consider if necessary...
  2. Regular Member
    Have you tried looking on sittercity? I know it's not ideal but for right now until you get things situated, you could try to find someone with a reasonable rate just to float you through until you get a better care situation set up. Membership is free for military also - Sittercity for Military Families | Facebook
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by LatteLove View Post
    Have you tried looking on sittercity? I know it's not ideal but for right now until you get things situated, you could try to find someone with a reasonable rate just to float you through until you get a better care situation set up. Membership is free for military also - Sittercity for Military Families | Facebook
    I actually have, and spoke with 3 women. They all charge at least double what CDC charges. and in some cases my wages wouldn't cover what they charge. I reached out to some women who run CDH but it was too far out of the way from home to my office, and Family Readiness says there is no one they could refer me to doing CDH in my immediate area. I've met with a few people who charged $1000 a month on Craigslist. However nice they were, the neighborhoods were questionable and the homes were not sanitary. Thanks for the suggestion, I will keep checking back on SitterCity