Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Diego question...

1. Regular Member

San Diego question...

Advertisements
    Hi all! I'm getting ready to join my husband in San Diego soon and being the nerd that I am (and considering my husband's nerdiness) I am already scouting out internet/cable/satellite companies in the area.

I looked it up before I posted here, but the newest thread was from 2010, and another from 2009. I am considering Time Warner Cable for a internet/cable/phone package, but I have read a LOT of negative reviews online. I have also looked at reviews for Cox (all negative) and AT&T U-Verse (all negative). Lol, that said, which one of these companies is the best bet?

I have used TWC in the past in Texas, but that was several years ago and from what I've heard TWC in the SD area is an evil company. They have the best start-up package however, and I'm keen to know if they deserve all the negative ratings or if it's just hype.

I should mention that we're moving to Gateway Village. Thanks in advance for any responses
  2. Southern girl at heart
    Southern girl at heart
    You will LOVE San Diego! We had Cox the majority of the time there and DirectTV towards "the end" of our time there. We were satisfied with either equally - just be careful of contracts - if they want you to commit to an amount of time, it's harder to change if you are not satisfied.

Good luck!
    Nicole
    "Sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of courage..."
  3. sassypants
    sassypants
    TWC-good start up package, AWESOME (i get gig torrents in like 20 min) speed, but after a few years the charges keep creeping up, and the cable boxes sux

ATT- Although I have heard good things with ATT U-verse TV, my expierences with ATT internet is it stinks, and consitering I do most of my entertainment online (music, Nexflix, hulu etc) TWCs better internet package works for me.

Cox- Never had them but I know they block channel 4 which pissed off a few of my friends.

Verizion FiOs-check it in your area, ive heard good things about it

(or get a few neighbors to split a T-1 line )
    rocket_liz is my wifey
  4. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by WiggleWiggle~ View Post
    TWC-good start up package, AWESOME (i get gig torrents in like 20 min) speed, but after a few years the charges keep creeping up, and the cable boxes sux

ATT- Although I have heard good things with ATT U-verse TV, my expierences with ATT internet is it stinks, and consitering I do most of my entertainment online (music, Nexflix, hulu etc) TWCs better internet package works for me.

Cox- Never had them but I know they block channel 4 which pissed off a few of my friends.

Verizion FiOs-check it in your area, ive heard good things about it

(or get a few neighbors to split a T-1 line )
    I have Cox and get 4... I never watch it, though. So I have had Cox the entire time we have lived in San Diego (since 1999) and no complaints.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I lived in Orange County (about 85 miles north) and we had TWC. I liked what we had but it had been a while since I looked into packaging. I do know we had the add on to make it faster though and it worked well for me playing Rift online while my sister-in-law streamed on Netflix.
  6. Senior Member
    We have TWC and have no complaints except for the fact the price. We really wanted U-Verse but it isn't offered in my area yet for cable. But we would be saving $70 if they did for what we get now with TWC. But we do have the signature home with TWC.

Best thing to do is see what is offered for your address. Then compare packages and prices for what you want.

7. Regular Member
    Thanks for the responses so far!

The biggest thing is that I know from experience that most people who volunteer to do a survey on a company or who go to review websites to post a review normally do so because they have an agenda, i.e. they were somehow (or believe they were) wronged by the company in question. Like I said, I've heard tons of bad things about every company so it has been really difficult trying to make a decision based on quality of service.

It makes me so sad to hear good things about TWC Just found out that our complex can't get TWC, just Cox. I did look into Direct TV though; they have some stellar holiday specials. We cancelled a Dish Network account before I relocated to my current address and we were paying about 20 bux more for less than what we'll be getting with Direct.

The only think I hope is that Cox internet is fast enough and reliable enough for the hubby to play WoW. The speed looks pretty good and is faster than what we had before he went to boot camp, but whether or not it is consistently that good is another story.
  8. Praying for a Miracle
    Praying for a Miracle
    We love direct TV!
    We used to have ATT uverse - it was ok, but direct TV is cheaper with more channels.
  9. Senior Member
    Cox for internet and cable. Never had issue in my apartment, but in my house a bit at first, but I think it was due to old cables.
  10. Senior Member
    we have cox, and they've been nothing but helpful and nice to us... and i've never had a problem with cable or internet . we never use our landline haha.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast