Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Looking for friends with similar interests (San Diego)

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Looking for friends with similar interests (San Diego)

Advertisements
    My name is Michelle. I'm currently living in San Diego. My husband is stationed here in the Navy so I'll be here for the next couple of years. I'm a graphic design major hoping to transfer to SDSU soon. I've made friends at school but no girls who like to kick back and play video games. I like RPG's (xbox, playstation, pc) as well as cute games (wii) (ds). I also like other types of games such as Munchkin and Dungeons and Dragons. But I'm not a total nerd, I like to get out of the house, do Zumba, go to the beach and try new things. I also like art. I enjoy drawing and writing and I'm learning how to do Native American beadwork at the moment. I don't drink, I love sushi and I hate spicy food and that's me a nutshell!

Interested in hanging out? Please send me a message. Thanks!

-Michelle
  2. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    aaand no one. Making friends out here is hard. Looks like I'm better suited to be friends with guys, but I'd really like to have some girl friends. Need my hubby back. He completes me <3 haha.
  3. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Looking for friends with similar interests (San Diego)

My name is Michelle. I'm currently living in San Diego. My husband is stationed here in the Navy so I'll be here for the next couple of years. I'm a graphic design major hoping to transfer to SDSU soon. I've made friends at school but no girls who like to kick back and play video games. I like RPG's (xbox, playstation, pc) as well as cute games (wii) (ds). I also like other types of games such as Munchkin and Dungeons and Dragons. But I'm not a total nerd, I like to get out of the house, do Zumba, go to the beach and try new things. I also like art. I enjoy drawing and writing and I'm learning how to do Native American beadwork at the moment. I don't drink, but I don't mind if you do. I love sushi and I hate spicy food and that's me a nutshell!

Interested in hanging out? Please send me a message. Thanks!
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    We're about to move back to San Diego. My husband and I both like video games, sushi and go out a lot. I don't drink either, although my husband will have a beer now and then. We have 2 daughters and are expecting a son in February. My husband is also in the Navy.
  5. sassypants
    sassypants

i play COD

and Kitchen Mama
    rocket_liz is my wifey
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Hey Michelle,

I'm afraid I don't like sushi. We could have a problem getting together for food lol. How about gamin' instead. It's been a few months since I played munchkin, but my buddy who has the cards is in IL. I'm a big WOW fan, but until I get a job we're trying to save money so I haven't joined up yet. Told DH that if he gets deployed soon, I'm going to spend the extra $15 for at least a month to keep me occupied while he's gone. I dabble with graphics but pathetically so. I'm self-taught, I get what education gives me.
    How are your thoughts on burgers or italian? Have you checked out any of the area yet? I've checked out the stores... woooo! haha

-Megan
  7. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

While it is nice to have friends with similar interests, sometimes opposites attract, so keep your options open and don't discredit people who do not like the same things as you. You may be able to teach eachother a thing or 2 KWIM

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelleLeeLew View Post
    aaand no one. Making friends out here is hard. Looks like I'm better suited to be friends with guys, but I'd really like to have some girl friends. Need my hubby back. He completes me <3 haha.
    Gotta give it more then 10 minutes before you give up hope

I live in Orange county (well I will in 6 months) but I am down here for the month We share similar interests!!!