Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Freakin out!

1. Senior Member

Help Freakin out!

Advertisements
    So, today was eventful... My husband and 4 year old were out running through the sprinkler this afternoon, and DH got tripped up by our 6 month old puppy, slipped hurt his ankle. and when I say hurt, I mean like, it was twisted in a very wrong direction. Thankfully our neighbor was kind enough to watch our boys so I could meet him at the hospital. Turns out, he popped his ankle out, broke it and part of his leg as well!
    He's staying there over night, and has to go in for surgery first thing tomorrow morning. Not sure on how long they will be keeping him there. We've gotten pretty much everything figured out with his command and everything...
    However, I go to school 4 nights a week, and this is my last week of the quarter, and I have 3 regular tests and then a final, so I really can't afford to miss any of this week. But now, I don't have a sitter....
    If anyone if willing to help out (pay included, or gas money included), or if anyone has any suggestions on what to do. We've only been here a couple months and don't really know that many people.
    TIA, so very much...
  2. He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    Blog Entries
    DH:"I never thought I could Love someone the way I love you as much as I love you!"
  3. Senior Member

The only thing I can think of is either Care.com or Sittercity.com to find a reputable baby sitter and hopefully by short notice. I would do it but I also go to school four nights a week. I hope you can find a solution.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyPants View Post
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    The only thing I can think of is either Care.com or Sittercity.com to find a reputable baby sitter and hopefully by short notice. I would do it but I also go to school four nights a week. I hope you can find a solution.
    Yeah, we have been thinking of using care.com, just because we'd like to be able to go out sometime just the two of us (ofcourse now that won't be happening..hehe) just wasn't sure how decent/safe those sites are. I will give those a look....soooo missing how close I used to lived to my family!
  5. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    I hope your husband feels better soon.

I agree with trying Care.com or Sittercity.com you maybe able to find a last minute sitter. They have sitters and you can see who provides background checks and such and prices on what they charge. It also says on those sites who is CPR certified.

What days are you needing someone? I have a 3year old(will be 4 in February) so she'd have to tag along but I'm willing to help out if you need it. PM me if you are interested and can't find something else I can give more details and my number we could meet in a public place like tomorrow to meet me first so you can talk to me before you leave you little one with me.

Last edited by LoveMikeyBear; 10-03-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typo... >.>
    Signature removed due to size.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMikeyBear View Post
    I hoe your husband feels better soon.

I agree with trying Care.com or Sittercity.com you maybe able to find a last minute sitter. They have sitters and you can see who provides background checks and such and prices on what they charge. It also says on those sites who is CPR certified.

What days are you needing someone? I have a 3year old(will be 4 in February) so she'd have to tag along but I'm willing to help out if you need it. PM me if you are interested and can't find something else I can give more details and my number we could meet in a public place like tomorrow to meet me first so you can talk to me before you leave you little one with me.

Thank you so much... Thankfully, a guy my husband works with, him and his family are going to be able to take my boys for a few days...He's going through surgery right now, and hoping everything is going smoothly! It is definitely going to be a long couple of days and weeks
  7. Regular Member
    I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery! I'm new to San Diego, but am still looking for a job, so I have a lot of free time. If you need any help, babysitting or otherwise, let me know.
    "No one knows what's next, but everyone does it." George Carlin
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I can't help but I hope everything goes smoothly and he has a speedy recovery and that you can keep your sanity through all of this. Prayers your way!
  9. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    OMG that sounds soooo painful!! I hope he heals quickly!

I hope you are able to solve your sitter issue!
  10. Senior Member
    Thanks everyone he's getting released from the hospital tomorrow, and is already doing well with getting mobile. Getting alittle anxious on having him home and around 2 very active little boys, and am worried about little accidents that could happen, KWIM? I suppose it will be a learning experience for us all!