Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chollas Heights

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Chollas Heights

Advertisements
    Hello All! I just got married in April, right now my DH is overseas....we are PCSing to San Diego pretty. I was wanting to know if anyone lives in Chollas Heights. I have a 7th grader and wanted to know about the Middles/Jr Highschool in the area. Also how is the community? Do you have good neighbors? And how far is the commute to the 32nd Street base? TIA!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    We don't live there but are familiar with the CDC that's there.

The drive, depending on traffic is about 20mins tops. Longer if traffic is horrible.

From what I've seen, the homes are nice. They don't have AC, I've seen AC window units, but they look great. DH and I are ticked we didn't choose that one.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I live in the same place as MamaStrong (who should be working on her to-do list ). I've never been to Chollas Heights, but we had a maintenance guy come here from there once (guess they were short handed here that day). He was super nice and had a lot of nice things to say about it, though he didn't like the fact that there was no a/c there either.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WonHimFromTheSea View Post
    I live in the same place as MamaStrong (who should be working on her to-do list ). I've never been to Chollas Heights, but we had a maintenance guy come here from there once (guess they were short handed here that day). He was super nice and had a lot of nice things to say about it, though he didn't like the fact that there was no a/c there either.
    , I'm waiting for DH to go to bed so I don't punch him in the manhood should he get in my way.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    , I'm waiting for DH to go to bed so I don't punch him in the manhood should he get in my way.
  6. Senior Member
    I live in Chollas Heights and LOVE it here! Do you still need info? It takes me 10 minutes to get to the 32nd Street base without traffic.

I have awesome neighbors and window a/c units and it's so worth it to not have them take full BAH.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidismom View Post
    I live in Chollas Heights and LOVE it here! Do you still need info? It takes me 10 minutes to get to the 32nd Street base without traffic.

I have awesome neighbors and window a/c units and it's so worth it to not have them take full BAH.
    you live that close?
  8. Senior Member
    Yeah! Chollas is right across from the entrance onto 94 so just get on the 94 West and get off on 15 S and then it's right there! In the mornings during rush hour it'd be a little longer and coming home it'd be 5 minutes longer because there is no exit off the highway where the entrance is so you have to go a longer route.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidismom View Post
    Yeah! Chollas is right across from the entrance onto 94 so just get on the 94 West and get off on 15 S and then it's right there! In the mornings during rush hour it'd be a little longer and coming home it'd be 5 minutes longer because there is no exit off the highway where the entrance is so you have to go a longer route.
    DH or I are there 5 days a week LOL....
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    We live in Eucalyptus Ridge right now and are thinking about moving to Chollas Heights...what is the community like and how is crime there...and are there ceiling fans and do they work good
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast