Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Chollas Heights

  1. Fresh Newbie
    asailorswifey's Avatar
    asailorswifey is offline
    Fresh Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1
    #1

    Chollas Heights

    Advertisements
    Hello All! I just got married in April, right now my DH is overseas....we are PCSing to San Diego pretty. I was wanting to know if anyone lives in Chollas Heights. I have a 7th grader and wanted to know about the Middles/Jr Highschool in the area. Also how is the community? Do you have good neighbors? And how far is the commute to the 32nd Street base? TIA!
  2. Banned
    MamaStrong's Avatar
    MamaStrong is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    13,591
    #2
    We don't live there but are familiar with the CDC that's there.

    The drive, depending on traffic is about 20mins tops. Longer if traffic is horrible.

    From what I've seen, the homes are nice. They don't have AC, I've seen AC window units, but they look great. DH and I are ticked we didn't choose that one.
  3. Account Closed
    WonHimFromTheSea's Avatar
    WonHimFromTheSea is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,394
    #3
    I live in the same place as MamaStrong (who should be working on her to-do list ). I've never been to Chollas Heights, but we had a maintenance guy come here from there once (guess they were short handed here that day). He was super nice and had a lot of nice things to say about it, though he didn't like the fact that there was no a/c there either.
  4. Banned
    MamaStrong's Avatar
    MamaStrong is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    13,591
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by WonHimFromTheSea View Post
    I live in the same place as MamaStrong (who should be working on her to-do list ). I've never been to Chollas Heights, but we had a maintenance guy come here from there once (guess they were short handed here that day). He was super nice and had a lot of nice things to say about it, though he didn't like the fact that there was no a/c there either.
    , I'm waiting for DH to go to bed so I don't punch him in the manhood should he get in my way.
  5. Account Closed
    WonHimFromTheSea's Avatar
    WonHimFromTheSea is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,394
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    , I'm waiting for DH to go to bed so I don't punch him in the manhood should he get in my way.
  6. Senior Member
    Heidismom's Avatar
    Heidismom is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    474
    #6
    I live in Chollas Heights and LOVE it here! Do you still need info? It takes me 10 minutes to get to the 32nd Street base without traffic.

    I have awesome neighbors and window a/c units and it's so worth it to not have them take full BAH.
  7. Banned
    MamaStrong's Avatar
    MamaStrong is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    13,591
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidismom View Post
    I live in Chollas Heights and LOVE it here! Do you still need info? It takes me 10 minutes to get to the 32nd Street base without traffic.

    I have awesome neighbors and window a/c units and it's so worth it to not have them take full BAH.
    you live that close?
  8. Senior Member
    Heidismom's Avatar
    Heidismom is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    474
    #8
    Yeah! Chollas is right across from the entrance onto 94 so just get on the 94 West and get off on 15 S and then it's right there! In the mornings during rush hour it'd be a little longer and coming home it'd be 5 minutes longer because there is no exit off the highway where the entrance is so you have to go a longer route.
  9. Banned
    MamaStrong's Avatar
    MamaStrong is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    13,591
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidismom View Post
    Yeah! Chollas is right across from the entrance onto 94 so just get on the 94 West and get off on 15 S and then it's right there! In the mornings during rush hour it'd be a little longer and coming home it'd be 5 minutes longer because there is no exit off the highway where the entrance is so you have to go a longer route.
    DH or I are there 5 days a week LOL....
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Amyharvard's Avatar
    Amyharvard is offline
    Fresh Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1
    #10
    We live in Eucalyptus Ridge right now and are thinking about moving to Chollas Heights...what is the community like and how is crime there...and are there ceiling fans and do they work good
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •