Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What will they offer first (housing)?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

What will they offer first (housing)?

Advertisements
    So, got housing application done. We rate a 4 bedroom. BUT...based on availability, are they more likely to offer us a 3 bed in our choice community or a offer us a 4 bed somewhere else since it says we need 4 bedrooms? I am just curious. I know DH wants to hold out for a 4 since we KNOW there are some available in one of the two communities we listed, but I don't want to risk getting stuck waiting forever and having NO housing if they offer us a 3 first and we turn it down.

Does anyone else have experience with being offered less rooms?

Since I forgot to mention it, we are at Pendleton.

BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I must be beyond help at this point
    Oh well.

3. Senior Member
    Uhm I really don't know I've never been in your position I have been in the opposite where they offered us a large house. Maybe you should just call housing and ask them. I think it all depends on the age and gender of your children. Sometimes by standards they are not able to offer you a smaller housing I think because of these rules of not allowing certain aged and different gender-ed children live in the same room. But I have also heard of some housing not caring about that rule.
    Would you be willing to accept a 4 bdrm in a non choice community?
    ~ Sara ~
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi7272 View Post
    Uhm I really don't know I've never been in your position I have been in the opposite where they offered us a large house. Maybe you should just call housing and ask them. I think it all depends on the age and gender of your children. Sometimes by standards they are not able to offer you a smaller housing I think because of these rules of not allowing certain aged and different gender-ed children live in the same room. But I have also heard of some housing not caring about that rule.
    Would you be willing to accept a 4 bdrm in a non choice community?
    any 4 bed will thrill me at this point.

5. Senior Member
    When are you guys looking to move? On the Hot sheet it shows Vista Ridge has 1 4bdrm available mid September. Then there are 12 4bdrms in two different communities located closer to San Diego then Pendleton. I hope you are able to get an answer quickly from housing. Maybe you can even sign for the house in vista ridge early, and secure it if it's still available.
    ~ Sara ~
  6. Senior Member
    The housing I have experience with is in SD. I'm not sure about up in Oceanside. IDK though. I totally would not make the drive between the two. We lived up in Poway for a couple months and that drive alone was a PITA. But, we did it because the area was so much nicer.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    They won't have us live at a base other than where we are stationed. I think that might defeat the purpose of living on base. There's a LOT of housing on Pendleton, just a matter of getting something open that we are qualified for and that meets our family size.

8. Senior Member
    Yea I was just seeing what was on the hot sheet that was all. I only was looking because you said you were open to different communities. But I do know some people who are stationed down here and live up towards Pendleton. So its really up to where the family wants to live. Like for us I would like to move further North because I am going to school up in San Marcos and I would like to find a job up that way, so that would be better for us. So There are always options and most communities are not on base except for the ones up by you. But I hope you get an answer from housing soon.
    ~ Sara ~
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi7272 View Post
    Yea I was just seeing what was on the hot sheet that was all. I only was looking because you said you were open to different communities. But I do know some people who are stationed down here and live up towards Pendleton. So its really up to where the family wants to live. Like for us I would like to move further North because I am going to school up in San Marcos and I would like to find a job up that way, so that would be better for us. So There are always options and most communities are not on base except for the ones up by you. But I hope you get an answer from housing soon.
    Oh okay, I didn't they had assigned housing off base at other locations.

10. Senior Member
    How many children do you have? What neighborhood are you looking at? I've not had that specific situation, but I did have to call Lincoln Military Housing (the people in charge of base housing here) and stay on top of them until we got a house in the neighborhood we wanted. They tried offering us an extra bedroom in a different neighborhood, but I said no. Basically, I think if you stand your ground and keep bugging them, they'll give you what you want.