Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Opportunity to apply for a passport at the Naval Base San Diego NEX

1. Senior Member

Opportunity to apply for a passport at the Naval Base San Diego NEX

Advertisements
    From the Naval Base San Diego Facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...tationSanDiego

The Navy Exchange at Naval Base San Diego Will be hosting a US Passport Fair on August 20th between 1000-1500 located at building 3187A the main exchange. This is an opportunity for those to apply for US Passports with State Department officials on hand all at one convenient location. We will have a photographer on hand to take and print the pictures as well.
  2. Senior Member
    I was excited about this until I read the date. DH's parents have been telling us we need to get passports but with his upcoming deployment I didn't see the rush. However this could have really helped....if we weren't leaving the 19th to go home to see his family. Hope it helps some others here! Thanks for posting!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Esctinkerbell View Post
    I was excited about this until I read the date. DH's parents have been telling us we need to get passports but with his upcoming deployment I didn't see the rush. However this could have really helped....if we weren't leaving the 19th to go home to see his family. Hope it helps some others here! Thanks for posting!
    You may want to check with your DH from my understanding a lot of commands are "requiring" their service members to get their passports before deployment. I know my husband was, as was a friend of his at a separate command. Just an FYI.
    ~ Sara ~
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi7272 View Post
    You may want to check with your DH from my understanding a lot of commands are "requiring" their service members to get their passports before deployment. I know my husband was, as was a friend of his at a separate command. Just an FYI.
    It was on his list of things to complete for IA but his cheif told him he didn't need a passport for Kuwait, this info of course came through after I paid $45 ordering his birth certificate And we need the blue passports, if they issued him one it would be red for gov travel and we need reg passports to do fun stuff with his family since his family loves to travel. Thanks for the info though