Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Diego Dentist?

1. Banned
    Banned

Screwy San Diego Dentist?

Advertisements
    and I mean a good one. Not one who is going to judge me and make me feel like total shit for how bad my mouth is. I KNOW it's not the ideal mouth. And when a dentist looks into it, instead of saying "OMFG, YOU LOOK LIKE SHIT" (not really but that's what it feels like), but looking and saying "OK, looks like we got our work cut out for us, but let's map out a plan to get this fixed as much as possible".

I only have what the Navy gives us (which is crap, but it's something). Thankfully with DD in daycare and me not having a job yet, I have time to sit and "heal" for the most part.

Basically, I need them all pulled and replaced...if you get my point.

Growing up, we got dental care until we were about 9yrs old, and that is when the government felt my daddy made to much money so we no longer got the dental care.

I didn't get back into the dentist until I was 19yrs old, and that's because it was the first time I could afford it myself. I got a little work done to fix some of the cosmetics issues, but that's about it.

Add in family genetics of bad teeth, poor choices growing up, and lack of money for proper care, my mouth is hell. . I'm highly embarrassed and it's why I barely smile in pictures.

Anyone know of a good dentist, that accepts military dental coverage? Someone who isn't going to make me feel like the lowest rung on the totem pole etc.

TIA!
  2. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    No advice

I need a dentist bad too so
    Signature removed due to size.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Ya, the last two times I went to ones here, I left the place pissed, still in pain, and crying my eyes out because of how they treated me like I was worthless because I had bad teeth. Makes me not want to go and bother...but now my tooth hurts and more than likely needs to be pulled.
  4. I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    I've heard good things about dependents dental near murphy canyon...I think it's in the tirasanta shopping center....I feel your pain I have HORRIBLE teeth too...I just had to do $400 worth of work on my teeth for deep cleanings bc my previous dentists didn't do the proper job and my teeth were in bad shape...Plus my mom decided not to get my orthodontics when I was a kid and now my mouth is paying for it as an adult...
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    I've heard good things about dependents dental near murphy canyon...I think it's in the tirasanta shopping center....I feel your pain I have HORRIBLE teeth too...I just had to do $400 worth of work on my teeth for deep cleanings bc my previous dentists didn't do the proper job and my teeth were in bad shape...Plus my mom decided not to get my orthodontics when I was a kid and now my mouth is paying for it as an adult...
    That's what most people I've met don't understand, is that growing up if our parents couldn't afford it or whatever, you didn't go.
  6. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    I know how you feel last guy I went too flat out told me "You're teeth look really bad" then when I started tearing up as he was cleaning them he just glared at me and said "Hurts doesn't it? Maybe you'll take better care of your teeth for now on." (I brush/bushed them daily Mr.Jerk off and couldn't afford to go before then once about 2 years before that time...) Mean-less to say between him and then a few other also telling me they want to crack my jaw because "I have severely messed up teeth that need to be fixed." (They aren't that bad the lining is just off and I have a overbite yet even when I say no it gets pushed. Plus it's well over 3k? to do it not sure anymore just know my eyes popped out of my head when they told me the out of pocket cost even with great dental coverage.) I've not been back to any dentist yet in 3years or so.....

Anyways,
    Signature removed due to size.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

And you've had a kiddo! Pregnancy can take a serious toll on your teeth. No advice, just

Btw, I straight up told the dentist that I saw a couple months ago, "I haven't been to a dentist in 4 years and I don't floss or gargle" and mine just said, "Well your teeth look great! I'd never know!" You need that kind of encouragement!
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

8. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMikeyBear View Post
    I know how you feel last guy I went too flat out told me "You're teeth look really bad" then when I started tearing up as he was cleaning them he just glared at me and said "hurt doesn't it? Maybe you'll take better care of your teeth for now on." (I brush/bushed them daily Mr.Jerk off) Mean-less to say between him and then a few other also telling me they want to crack my jaw because "I have severely messed up teeth that need to be fixed." (They aren't that bad the lining is just off and I have a overbite yet even when I say no it gets pushed) I've not been back to any dentist yet in 3years or so.....

Anyways,
    that's me too. The last person I went to, charged me $500 out of pocket and didn't do anything but hurt me physically and emotionally, but then sent me to another person to get some teeth pulled, and he charged me $1,000+ AFTER the money from the military .

The first lady lectured me about how every soda I drink is $500 worth of dental work I am bringing on myself. How I shouldn't drink juice either. etc.
    Then only gave me 2 shots as she pulled my teeth, and I kept moaning because it hurt. She basically told me to stop whining. She said if I whined again, she'd send me to someone who would put me to sleep to take it out. I flat out told her "well fucking send me to him them". She threw her hands up in the air and said "fine", then her husband charged me $400 for a special tooth brush they demanded I needed. By that time, I was storming out and DH goes "baby what is it". As I stormed out of there I yell back to him, "I'm getting the hell out of here because they are all fucking crazy"....
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    that's me too. The last person I went to, charged me $500 out of pocket and didn't do anything but hurt me physically and emotionally, but then sent me to another person to get some teeth pulled, and he charged me $1,000+ AFTER the money from the military .

The first lady lectured me about how every soda I drink is $500 worth of dental work I am bringing on myself. How I shouldn't drink juice either. etc.
    Then only gave me 2 shots as she pulled my teeth, and I kept moaning because it hurt. She basically told me to stop whining. She said if I whined again, she'd send me to someone who would put me to sleep to take it out. I flat out told her "well ****ing send me to him them". She threw her hands up in the air and said "fine", then her husband charged me $400 for a special tooth brush they demanded I needed. By that time, I was storming out and DH goes "baby what is it". As I stormed out of there I yell back to him, "I'm getting the hell out of here because they are all ****ing crazy"....
    WOW, I can't believe that lady was so mean! And I totally feel your pain... I am in serious need of my wisdom teeth to be pulled, and you better believe I am telling them to knock me out, there is NO way I am having teeth pulled with just the little shots in my mouth. I am a major wimp when it comes to dental care, mostly bc the first time I went was when I was 15. and after that wasn't until I was 19 and had to have a root canal done (not fun btw ) So, yeah, if ya find a good one around here let me know too
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I started going to Charles Petrie in Sandiego and he's great as far as dentist go, I have horrible teeth also but he's very gentle and his staff is also really nice. They take Navy insurance. Feel free to message me for the number and address if you want. I really like this dentist.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast