Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Pendleton (past or present): Barber On or Off-Base

  1. Writer + Author + Future Yoga Teacher
    GreenYogi's Avatar
    GreenYogi is offline
    Writer + Author + Future Yoga Teacher
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Camp Pendleton/Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    637
    #1

    Pendleton (past or present): Barber On or Off-Base

    Advertisements
    My husband & I just moved to Pendleton last week - can anyone recommend a military barber for my husband, either on or off-base?

    Hubby is planning on growing his hair out a bit (he currently shaves his head), but of course, that means he'll need a good barber
    Victoria :: Proud Wife of LCpl Jon ("Papa Bear" "Mad Dog" "That Guy")



  2. Banned
    ColtsMommy's Avatar
    ColtsMommy is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pacifica, California
    Posts
    5,591
    Blog Entries
    2
    #2
    Stud cuts!!!


    They are the best, the girls are cute, and they even give a massage! There is one in san clemente and oceanside!



    Dh never went anywhere else the 4 years he was there.
  3. Senior Member
    lacy+chk's Avatar
    lacy+chk is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tree Frog: WI/Moo Cow: MCB Quantico
    Posts
    9,749
    #3
    Definitely Stud Cuts in Oceanside...in Vista there's a great one with hardly any military/wait time but that might be a bit of a drive for you guys It was right down the street from us where we lived.

    "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  4. Banned
    ColtsMommy's Avatar
    ColtsMommy is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pacifica, California
    Posts
    5,591
    Blog Entries
    2
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lacy+chk View Post
    Definitely Stud Cuts in Oceanside...in Vista there's a great one with hardly any military/wait time but that might be a bit of a drive for you guys It was right down the street from us where we lived.
    Oh yeah... speaking of! Get the cut done on SATURDAY!
    Don't wait until Sunday!



    OP what side of Pendleton is your SO stationed?




    I miss stud cuts, here it costs like 14 bucks to get DHs hair cut!
  5. Senior Member
    lacy+chk's Avatar
    lacy+chk is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tree Frog: WI/Moo Cow: MCB Quantico
    Posts
    9,749
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtsMommy View Post
    Oh yeah... speaking of! Get the cut done on SATURDAY!
    Don't wait until Sunday!




    OP what side of Pendleton is your SO stationed?




    I miss stud cuts, here it costs like 14 bucks to get DHs hair cut!
    Most definitely to the bolded...our place in Vista was $7...it was a few older guys, and one was from WI, so it was great to talk to him. His name was Dean, and there was an Asian man named Mike who was super cool too.

    I couldn't remember the name...It's Deans Barber Shop on East Vista Way

    We now pay close to $20 for DH's haircuts, but he's only had to get them every three weeks or so now that he's out...still rocks that medium reg, though

    "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  6. Banned
    ColtsMommy's Avatar
    ColtsMommy is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pacifica, California
    Posts
    5,591
    Blog Entries
    2
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lacy+chk View Post
    Most definitely to the bolded...our place in Vista was $7...it was a few older guys, and one was from WI, so it was great to talk to him. His name was Dean, and there was an Asian man named Mike who was super cool too.

    I couldn't remember the name...It's Deans Barber Shop on East Vista Way

    We now pay close to $20 for DH's haircuts, but he's only had to get them every three weeks or so now that he's out...still rocks that medium reg, though

    Dh has been spoiled, now everywhere he goes he expects a massage wash.
    7 dollars is what we paid at studs too, granted he always tipped since the ladies did a great job!

    Dh hates getting his hair cut now BECAUSE of how much it costs!
    We lived in SC so we went to the one on el camino there, I loved San clemente so much more than OS.
  7. Senior Member
    lacy+chk's Avatar
    lacy+chk is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tree Frog: WI/Moo Cow: MCB Quantico
    Posts
    9,749
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtsMommy View Post

    Dh has been spoiled, now everywhere he goes he expects a massage wash.
    7 dollars is what we paid at studs too, granted he always tipped since the ladies did a great job!

    Dh hates getting his hair cut now BECAUSE of how much it costs!
    We lived in SC so we went to the one on el camino there, I loved San clemente so much more than OS.
    I couldn't remember how much stud cuts cost because I never went in with him because there were too many Marines crawling around in there And yeah, I think he would pay 10 bucks even with the tip...our place in vista would shave his neck with a straight razor, and DH came to expect that too!

    "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  8. Senior Member
    lacy+chk's Avatar
    lacy+chk is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tree Frog: WI/Moo Cow: MCB Quantico
    Posts
    9,749
    #8
    actually right now he's rocking an awesome high and tight at OCS

    "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    honeybun's Avatar
    honeybun is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    7,288
    #9
    Off base is cheaper and you can find them in any area of Oceanside. Bring cash if you are going off base, though. DF pays around 6 bucks, 7 at the most.

    BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
  10. Writer + Author + Future Yoga Teacher
    GreenYogi's Avatar
    GreenYogi is offline
    Writer + Author + Future Yoga Teacher
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Camp Pendleton/Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    637
    #10
    Thank you all for the advice Hubby is probably going to go Medium Reg for awhile, so yeah, the haircuts will be less frequent
    Victoria :: Proud Wife of LCpl Jon ("Papa Bear" "Mad Dog" "That Guy")



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •