Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: anyone at Mugu?

1. MDB

anyone at Mugu?

Advertisements
    last home port we lived on Hueneme, but some of DH's friends lived on mugu and said they liked housing better there then on Hueneme, Anyone live on Mugu or have lived there that can tell me about it??

TIA
  2. Senior Member
    We lived at Mugu for three years. I loved living there it was quite and sort of secluded. Aside from the planes flying overhead, but I liked the area better than the Hueneme base area. I did not mind driving over to Hueneme to go to the commissary or the exchange. We lived in a three bedroom duplex. I am not sure that the actual houses are all that different than the houses at Hueneme.

If you have any specific questions let me know.
    ~ Sara ~
  3. MDB
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi7272 View Post
    We lived at Mugu for three years. I loved living there it was quite and sort of secluded. Aside from the planes flying overhead, but I liked the area better than the Hueneme base area. I did not mind driving over to Hueneme to go to the commissary or the exchange. We lived in a three bedroom duplex. I am not sure that the actual houses are all that different than the houses at Hueneme.

If you have any specific questions let me know.

thanks!!!the base just seems less busy then hueneme i think thats why i like it
  4. I have died everyday waiting for you
    I have died everyday waiting for you
    I live on Mugu now. I live in one of the houses and I love it. I've been in the houses on Hueneme and I can definitely say I prefer it here. It's pretty calm and laid back and I my house. It's a 2 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, which is a perfect size for just DH and I. We have an enormous fenced in back yard. The planes flying over don't even bother me all that much. Really the only down side to me is being so far away from food. I hate having to drive 15 minutes to get something to eat past 9 o'clock (that's when everything closes on this base). Other than that, I've really enjoyed living here.

RIP Daniel Jay Hedrick 01/07/1988 ~ 03/03/2011
    Loving my wifey, Nina. 12-5-2008
  5. MDB
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberliegh View Post
    I live on Mugu now. I live in one of the houses and I love it. I've been in the houses on Hueneme and I can definitely say I prefer it here. It's pretty calm and laid back and I my house. It's a 2 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, which is a perfect size for just DH and I. We have an enormous fenced in back yard. The planes flying over don't even bother me all that much. Really the only down side to me is being so far away from food. I hate having to drive 15 minutes to get something to eat past 9 o'clock (that's when everything closes on this base). Other than that, I've really enjoyed living here.
    the only downside is DH works on Hueneme and we only have one car. but, i think we are gonna aim for Mugu this time
  6. I have died everyday waiting for you
    I have died everyday waiting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    the only downside is DH works on Hueneme and we only have one car. but, i think we are gonna aim for Mugu this time
    I understand that. When we first moved here, we lived in an apartment in Oxnard and only had one vehicle. It could be a pain sometimes but we made it work. I'm leaving very shortly while DH is deployed to be closer to my family but afterwards, I'll be coming back. DH talked about moving on Hueneme when I do just to be closer to town but I shut that down pretty fast.

RIP Daniel Jay Hedrick 01/07/1988 ~ 03/03/2011
    Loving my wifey, Nina. 12-5-2008
  7. MDB
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberliegh View Post
    I understand that. When we first moved here, we lived in an apartment in Oxnard and only had one vehicle. It could be a pain sometimes but we made it work. I'm leaving very shortly while DH is deployed to be closer to my family but afterwards, I'll be coming back. DH talked about moving on Hueneme when I do just to be closer to town but I shut that down pretty fast.

i'll be back out there early next year to get the baby and i settled. i figure as long as we plan and let each other know when the car is needed then it shouldn't be to big of a deal.