Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Chesterton... maybe?

1. Senior Member

Chesterton... maybe?

Advertisements
    Well, we were trying to get into one of the Murphy Canyon ones... but the housing people told us that there is a 3 month wait. Which ofcourse doesnt really work for us since we are supposed to be out there in early July. And we'd rather not be stuck in limbo while waiting for a house. (plus, now, 2 weeks before we are set to be leaving Indiana, they just told us we are going to have to do a DITY move )
    Hopefully we should know something this week...I told my DH to be all up on them like white on rice , after reading some "horror" stories on how difficult they can be to work with!
    So, I just wanted to see if anyone else lives there, or is close to there? And about how long it might take my DH to get to work (he'll be at Point Loma).

P.S. It's really just now sinking in how close I am to FINALLY having this LDR over with!!!!
  2. Senior Member

Anyone?
  3. Senior Member

I don't live there but I know where it is, it's about 10 miles or so from Point Loma. So depending on traffic 20-30 minutes maybe.

ETA: You would actually be closer to Point Loma at Chesterton than Murphy Canyon and Chesterton houses are single family homes.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    I don't live there but I know where it is, it's about 10 miles or so from Point Loma. So depending on traffic 20-30 minutes maybe.

ETA: You would actually be closer to Point Loma at Chesterton than Murphy Canyon and Chesterton houses are single family homes.

Thank you! We both had just read how much people liked the MC area, so thats why we were trying to get in there... but we just got offered a place today for sure at Chesterton...It's right on Linda Vista Road, which from google earth, looks to be a pretty busy road, but it also looks like there might be a smaller road right in front of these houses, kinda like an access road? (if that makes sense )
  5. Senior Member

Yeah, it looks like an access road. Have you been here before or will this be your first time in San Diego? I live down south in Chula Vista but not in housing, we rent. We had considered Chesterton since dh is an E7 but at the time we were able to just find a rental faster than waiting on housing. It's all about timing! I love where we live, though and the rent is well below BAH.
  6. Senior Member
    This will be my very first time in California... the farthest west I have been is Texas (and that was about 8 years ago!) and this is actually going to be the first time that we're going to live in base/military housing. The last couple places we have lived we rented out in town, but we were also able to go there before hand and do alittle searching. With this move it's been way more crazy! I just want this whole next month to be done with and us settled into our new place
  7. Senior Member

Most people love it here so I am sure you will, too. I was born in San Diego but I grew up in TX. I haven't lived there since 1994 when I joined the navy myself, been in CA most of the time since 1995 and in San Diego since 1999. We left in 2007 to be in Korea and came back last year. This is dh's last tour before retirement at the end of 2013 and more than likely we'll end up in Portland OR where he is from. I'd rather stay here.
  8. Senior Member
    I have friends that live in Chesteron and seem to like it alot.
  9. Senior Member
    I live in Chesterton. It was very easy for us to get into we were able to look at the houses before we signed for one. Which is not always easy. I like the the community it is a quite single family community on one side there are some newer townhouse with little yards. We have a very large yard. I am not crazy about the fencing for the backyards, but we have one which is nice. If you would like to know anything in particular just ask and I will be happy to answer here or by PM.
    ~ Sara ~