Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: SD: Movie extras?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

SD: Movie extras?

Advertisements
    I keep seeing ads in the paper stating you can make up to $200 a day for being a movie extra, with a number to call for details. I haven't called, because I've seen too many movies where that turns out really bad. But, money is getting tighter and tighter and I'm wondering if anyone in here has ever responded to such an ad, or if maybe a group of us SAHMs wanted to all go together (safety in numbers and all that jazz) and try to earn some cash. Just a thought, would love input!
  2. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonHimFromTheSea View Post
    I keep seeing ads in the paper stating you can make up to $200 a day for being a movie extra, with a number to call for details. I haven't called, because I've seen too many movies where that turns out really bad. But, money is getting tighter and tighter and I'm wondering if anyone in here has ever responded to such an ad, or if maybe a group of us SAHMs wanted to all go together (safety in numbers and all that jazz) and try to earn some cash. Just a thought, would love input!
    I haven't seen those ads but then again I haven't been looking. Is it in the SD area? I do know there is a legit studio in Kearny Mesa, it's where the show Veronica Mars was filmed.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I see the ads in the Pennysaver that comes in the mail. I haven't called so I'm not totally sure where it is. I thought I'd see if anyone was interested in possibly going with sometime, in case they want some kind of verbal committment over the phone or something. I'll try to give them a call later and get some info.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Call and scope it out, if it's legit I'll go!
  5. Junior Member
    Be careful with those ... there are companies that advertise for movies and turns out that in order to be 'considered' they want you to have your headshot taken by them and pay them to do it. Look for actual casting agencies in the area -- and research them. Most agencies will advertise for specific movies/shows and state exactly what they are looking for. If they do that then go to IMDB and check the film/show out. I think that it is probably a scam because CA are required to hire SAG extras -- and there are plenty of them in the area. I worked as an extra in Louisiana (not required to hire SAG workers) and then when I came to AZ I contacted a 'advertisement' for a film that was not listed as being filmed in AZ - when I bought it up they didn't know what to say!!!