Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cannon!!

1. Regular Member

Cannon!!

Advertisements
    Hey ladies!!

Just had a very exciting day finding out that DF got his orders switched from Osan AFB, Korea to Cannon!!!

I'm absolutely ecstatic because I can actually go with him to NM once we're married!

Anyway. I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insight on how the base and surrounding area is??
    I've heard nothing but horror stories, and I'm hoping people are just exaggerating. If it helps, I'm from a small town an hour from the closest mall... so maybe it won't be that huge of a change???

Thanks!
  2. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ashley4350 View Post
    Hey ladies!!

Just had a very exciting day finding out that DF got his orders switched from Osan AFB, Korea to Cannon!!!

I'm absolutely ecstatic because I can actually go with him to NM once we're married!

Anyway. I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insight on how the base and surrounding area is??
    I've heard nothing but horror stories, and I'm hoping people are just exaggerating. If it helps, I'm from a small town an hour from the closest mall... so maybe it won't be that huge of a change???

Thanks!
    Since you are from a small town you may adjust just fine to Cannon because it is in the middle of nowhere! There are a few people on here that are stationed there.
  3. Senior Member
    I'd rather of gone to Osan NCS... But congrats on being able to be together. I think Snow Crystal is there.
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Yeppers... I am here for the long haul. We currently live in Portales 801, which is base housing but off base. If you're from a small town, you should do ok here... No Target, Starbucks, etc. A lot of folks moved here from Hurlburt Field, FL (on the gulf coast) and are having a very hard time adjusting to life here. We've been here for two years, it still not my favorite place, I am going to have to live with it. I call this place a people assignment, not a location assignment. Lubbock and Amarillo are about 100 miles to the east, Roswell is about 90 miles from Portales, Albequerque (sp?) is about 4 hours from here too.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

i'll just doubt what Crystal said
  6. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    i'll just doubt what Crystal said
    Autocorrect FTW?!

Almost Freudian
  7. Regular Member
    I have to admit I was slightly excited about visiting Asia... but the overpriced vacation was not worth the months of separation in between. And I just didn't want to deal with the NCS stuff... guess I'm not feeling adventurous right now =/ lol.

DF and I have both lived in the same itty-bitty town virtually all our lives and we don't have a Target, so we should be just fine! Lol. We are such homebodies anyway, so I'm not super worried about Clovis not being "exciting" enough for us. All we need is a roof over our heads, an xbox, and internet access and we're set for life! Lol.

I do really want to continue my education once we get out there, though... when can we find out how long we're stationed at Cannon? (I need 2-4 years to get my other degree...)
  8. Senior Member
    I have to admit I was slightly excited about visiting Asia... but the overpriced vacation was not worth the months of separation in between. And I just didn't want to deal with the NCS stuff... guess I'm not feeling adventurous right now =/ lol.

DF and I have both lived in the same itty-bitty town virtually all our lives and we don't have a Target, so we should be just fine! Lol. We are such homebodies anyway, so I'm not super worried about Clovis not being "exciting" enough for us. All we need is a roof over our heads, an xbox, and internet access and we're set for life! Lol.

I do really want to continue my education once we get out there, though... when can we find out how long we're stationed at Cannon? (I need 2-4 years to get my other degree...)
    Accompanied CONUS assignments are "supposed" to be 4 years now. Of course that can change at the drop of a hat.
  9. Regular Member
    Awesome. So I guess applying to a 4 year law school is a major gamble?
  10. Senior Member
    Awesome. So I guess applying to a 4 year law school is a major gamble?
    Yes. Although now a days it seems you have to almost beg to leave a CONUS assignment. A lot of people stay put a LONG time (especially at some of what people call less than desireable bases). They have restructured commands though a lot lately so people have been forced to move. Just depends on your DH career field some too.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast