Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Things to do?

1. Banned
    Banned

Help Things to do?

Advertisements
    So, San Diego peeps.

I am planning a [mommy day] for myself this Saturday. I'm looking for [places to go that are fun, cheap and relaxing. Not looking for a spa or any kind of junk like that but places that I can take my camera and have some fun taking pictures. I already plan to go to Sea Port Village] any ideas?
  2. Senior Member

Mt. Helix? If it's clear you can see for miles.

ETA: Oh there is Cabrillo National Monument and the tide pools are there.
  3. Senior Member
    I would 2nd Cabrillo National Monument it is beautiful there. What about La Jolla Cove? Oh the marinas down by humphreys by the bay. Also if you like to do lifestyle shots you could go to the Farmers Market in Little Italy, its free to be at the market and there is plenty of interesting people there to photograph.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    anyone got a website for the National Monument?
  5. Senior Member
    Cabrillo National Monument (U.S. National Park Service) its only $5 for parking, and I think the pass is good for a week.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Awesome! I think this is the place dumb MIL wanted to go while she was here and her and DH went up and saw stuff and left me, baby girl (3 weeks old) and our dog in the car. We didn't know he couldn't come and instead of saying "hey we'll do this another day", MIL insisted on going. When I told DH to take Keira (it was July and hot) MIL says "it's gonna be really hard to carry that carrier up and down the stairs".......so we sat in the car for 45mins. DH felt horrible and has sense told his mom she's not welcomed here.

anyway...yay now I can go alone...
  7. Senior Member
    Oh I am sorry that you had a not so good first experience there hopefully you will have a better one this time. I was just there last Sunday and it was really beautiful I didn't go down to the tide pools but that was only because I was in heels and dress coming from Sunday brunch and it was an unexpected trip to the monument. But it was really amazing just walking around and looking out at the water.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Awesome! Ya the only thing I saw last time was the parking lot, so this has me excited! .
  9. Senior Member

Geez, what a MIL. I am glad your dh made it up to you, though. Cabrillo is nice because you can look at NASNI from there and all of San Diego.
  10. Banned
    Banned

Screwy

Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    Geez, what a MIL. I am glad your dh made it up to you, though. Cabrillo is nice because you can look at NASNI from there and all of San Diego.
    He knew I was mad. But, I mean the look on his face as he followed his mom to the lighthouse thing was heartbreaking. MIL decided to come out (without asking until AFTER she bought her plane ticket) 2 weeks after I had the baby. DH was majorly sleep deprived, has a uncomfortable relationship with his mom anyway, so I wasn't too hard on him. He already looked like he was suffering. LOL. I just called my dad and bitched the entire 45mins. Thankfully DD slept most of the time. Rascal was all like...'but but what about me'.

What pissed me off was that the MIL looked at the website and knew we were bringing Rascal. Almost seemed planned. I paid the $5 to get in there, and when we saw the signs after I petted Rascal and was like, "welp Rascal that was a waste of $5" thinking we were going to turn around.

When she left a few days later, MIL left a horrid note on the bed with 5 ones wrapped in it on a prayer shawl she made me saying, "here's the $5, it wasn't a waste to me. Here's a prayer shawl I made you, figured you could use it" Hormonal me texted DH as he was on the way to the airport and told him she was no longer welcomed here. He agreed.