Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Living in Coronado, Silver Strand

1. Regular Member

Confused Living in Coronado, Silver Strand

Advertisements
    For anyone that is living or has lived in Silver Strand Housing....I know there is no air conditioning and there are days that can be quite warm and muggy...what do you do about the dampness from the humidity? Also what about the pollen? Does it feel like your furnishings are damp from the heat and humidity? What about any corrosion and/or rust from the salt air? At night when you sleep with the windows open...is it kind of loud from other neighbors having late night parties in driveways?? Just trying to figure out if it is worth living without AC just to be in Coronado.
  2. Senior Member
    I lived in SD for 3.5 years, inland, with no AC. I would be willing to live on the Strand without AC. I might be willing to live there without a house, lol.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    what judi said
  4. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I've never heard of anyone having any problems. I don't think it tends to be muggy, even being so close to the water. It's pretty dry here in San Diego, even near the water.

I think people generally are really happy living on the Strand. If they had large enough housing for us, I'd love to live there! My husband just helped one of his buddies move some furniture to his place there (in housing) and said it was really nice. I think you'd be fine without A/C there.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  5. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    We just moved from there back in January and the only reason we moved was because we needed more space and the larger houses have insane waitlists. Our backyard was 20 feet from the water so when it got hot, we just opened up all the windows and let the breeze come it. We only had one or two days where it was really bad. As for the humidity, just make sure you open the windows for a little while in the mornings so the moisture doesn't sit locked up.

We did have one set of loud neighbors, but they were kicked out pretty quick. Coronado residents are pretty snotty and don't like anything too loud. (Which I was ok with.) The walls are paper thin though, we could hear most of what went on next door...on both sides. But we were all pretty respectful so we didn't have issues.

The moisture didn't damage any furniture and the pollen was a little easier to handle there because of the water, there weren't as many plants around. And it's always nice to drive down the strand and see the water.

6. Senior Member
    tent/blanket/beach/wine

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  7. San Diego native in Kansas
    San Diego native in Kansas
    I love Coronado...I just loathe the traffic, especially in the summertime. But the views are worth it!