Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Air Force Bases in Colorado

1. Senior Member

Air Force Bases in Colorado

Advertisements
    We are getting a choice on bases and there are 3 bases on the list we get to pick from in Colorado: Shriever AFB, Peterson AFB, and Buckley AFB. Does anyone have any information on which one is in the best location as far as being safe, not too far from shops/restaurants and things to do. Any info would be most helpful (if anyone lives on base your experience/ advice). Thanks for your time in advance
  2. Regular Member
    Peterson seems to be the best for being close to things like shops and restaurants...(but I have never been to buckley) However, Schriever and Peterson both have a long waitting list for on base housing...
  3. Senior Member
    Thanks for the information!
  4. Moderator

Do you want big city living or medium city living? Peterson will have the most amenities on the actual base, of the two in Colorado Springs, and Buckley will put you in the vicinity of all the Denver-area attractions. Traffic will be worst around Buckley. Off-base housing will probably be slightly lower cost in Colorado Springs, if you wind up going that route, but I don't know about the availability of on-base housing at Buckley. I will always vote for the Springs because I lived there for 20 years and I think it's paradise, but Denver area is nice too. I'm jealous!