Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Carmel Mountain Ranch/Carmel Valley, San Diego

  1. Regular Member
    lilyfrog's Avatar
    lilyfrog is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    52
    #1

    Carmel Mountain Ranch/Carmel Valley, San Diego

    Advertisements
    Does anyone live in this area? If so, is it nice and safe? I know the public schools are great in that area, just wondering about the general area.
  2. Account Closed
    GoVols's Avatar
    GoVols is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Counting down last few days in TN, then to Ft Benning
    Posts
    741
    #2
    Well, I know 20 years ago it was! My little brother went to CMR. We lived just off the exit on Paseo Montril (sp?) Wow, that was a long time ago!
  3. Senior Member
    Abigail's Avatar
    Abigail is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    17,411
    #3
    Hmm. Surprisingly I haven't heard of that area. What else is it close to?
  4. Account Closed
    GoVols's Avatar
    GoVols is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Counting down last few days in TN, then to Ft Benning
    Posts
    741
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Hmm. Surprisingly I haven't heard of that area. What else is it close to?

    If you go right off the exit it goes to Poway. You'd go left, past Rancho Penasquitos area

    paseo montril san diego - Google Maps (This is where I lived)


    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=carmel...BoQ8gEwAA(This is Carmel Valley Road)
  5. MERP!
    RacerTaylor's Avatar
    RacerTaylor is offline
    MERP!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth,Tx / Fort Hood Killeen,Tx
    Posts
    270
    #5
    Yes, I like the area. Not sure about schools, but it sounds like you did your research. Close to Miramar (but not too far from Pendleton) and you can take back roads pretty easily to escape 15 and 805 rush hour traffic. It's very scenic in the neighborhoods, with some shopping/dining closer to the freeways.

    We are actually looking at a house in the area, so that ought to tell you my opinion.
    KCCO!

  6. Senior Member
    Abigail's Avatar
    Abigail is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    17,411
    #6
    OMG. I lived off Paseo Montril up until last week. I know what area you're talking about now. I don't know why that wasn't clicking. I love it over there. I think it's one of the much nicer areas of San Diego. However, I don't know much about the schools.
  7. Senior Member
    Esctinkerbell's Avatar
    Esctinkerbell is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Diego,CA
    Posts
    285
    #7
    I live in Escondido about 15-20 min from there. I personally have never lived in that area but it's really nice and I've had friends there that never had any issues and loved it there.
  8. Account Closed
    GoVols's Avatar
    GoVols is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Counting down last few days in TN, then to Ft Benning
    Posts
    741
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    OMG. I lived off Paseo Montril up until last week. I know what area you're talking about now. I don't know why that wasn't clicking. I love it over there. I think it's one of the much nicer areas of San Diego. However, I don't know much about the schools.
    We were in the first apartments on the right
    Like I said, 20 years ago, but I still remember the address and everything lol
  9. Regular Member
    lilyfrog's Avatar
    lilyfrog is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    52
    #9
    The area I am looking at is in between Del Mar Heights Road and Ted Williams Freeway. According to Greatschools.net, the public schools are excellent. It seems as though the farther north you go, the more house you get for your BAH!!!! Cheapest thing in Coronado is $2800 for a tiny house!! But further north of Coronado, newer homes, more square footage for less!!
  10. Senior Member
    Navgirl's Avatar
    Navgirl is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,361

    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyfrog View Post
    The area I am looking at is in between Del Mar Heights Road and Ted Williams Freeway. According to Greatschools.net, the public schools are excellent. It seems as though the farther north you go, the more house you get for your BAH!!!! Cheapest thing in Coronado is $2800 for a tiny house!! But further north of Coronado, newer homes, more square footage for less!!
    Oh yeah, Coronado is for the very well to do. A two room shack could sell for $500K easy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •