Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Churches in San Diego

1. Banned
    Banned

Confused Churches in San Diego

Advertisements
    Anyone know of any good churches in San Diego? We don't have a set religion, though I was raised mostly baptist. We are re-exploring our faith together as a family, and want to try out a few churches to find a good fit.
  2. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    What kind of a church are you looking for? Or what would make a good church for you? (type of worship, age of congregation, more laid-back or stuffy, etc.)
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  3. sassypants
    sassypants
    also where in SD are you looking?
    rocket_liz is my wifey
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Anywhere in San Diego. A place where I don't ALWAYS have to wear a dress etc. A place that is kid friendly, since we have a 7 month old, and I like worship rather than just a lot of preaching. Though I like hearing the word as well.
  5. Senior Member

6. Senior Member
    Mapleview Baptist Church out in Lakeside is where we go. I love it. Also if you're looking for somewhere close to Mission Valley check out Canyon Ridge Baptist Church on Linda Vista. My best friend goes there and they're an awesome group of people.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    This is the church my friends used to attend. The Rock Church - San Diego, CA

They love this church so much that they are taking orders back to San Diego so they can be there for that church.
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Thanks ladies. I'll check out both of them!
  9. Senior Member
    I'm not sure where it is you live at, but we go to First Baptist Church of Mira Mesa. They offer 9 am Sunday school classes for all ages children and adult. There is a 9 am service and at 10:30 service. Nursery is provided for both services and Children's Worship is provided during the 10:30 service. People dress in anything from t-shirts and shorts to button down shirt, ties, and slacks. It's a very friendly church. We have Awana on Wednesday nights as well as adult bible study classes, and nursery is also provided on Wednesday nights.

We have a lot of young families in our church and we do a lot of different fellowship activities outside of church. Some of the things we've done or will be doing: beach bashes, bonfires on the bay, couple's night out, superbowl party, private party at the railroad museum (we had the whole place to ourself after hours), park picnics, lady's night out (this is at least twice a month), and guy's night out.
    "What's so good about good-bye? It is good to be reminded that life is brief, at best, with no dress rehearsals, and the seasons we are privileged to share together are even more fleeting. Good-bye is good if it teaches us to cherish the life and breath, strength and sound mind, and the moments we are allowed to walk side by side with a friend. Good-bye is good if, in that difficult moment, we stand still long enough to give thanks to God for the lessons we've learned together, the love given, and the love received, recognizing that these are gifts from the hand of God." ~Marshele Carter Waddell