Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Beale AFB..?

1. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

Beale AFB..?

Advertisements
    [Nothing is set in stone, but we will be trying for orders to Beale when DH gets back]

Who is stationed at Beale?

How is the weather?

Are the people nice?

Good places to live?

Bad places to live?

2. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    NO!
    Women are not the weak, frail little flowers that they are advertised. There has never been anything invented yet, including war, that a man would enter into, that a woman wouldn't, too. --Will Rogers

Sometimes damaged goods are more valuable because of their unique qualities.

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  3. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

Quote Originally Posted by DixielandDelight View Post
    NO!

It's either Beale or Florida...sooo Beale
  4. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Wendy. View Post

It's either Beale or Florida...sooo Beale
    Florida you can take your guns

When you come by one, at least

I kid. I havent been to Cali since I was born, and the place I was born, no longer exists....so yeah. Florida...pretty cool...besides all the rain. But IDK I only went to Disney World, so yeah.
    Women are not the weak, frail little flowers that they are advertised. There has never been anything invented yet, including war, that a man would enter into, that a woman wouldn't, too. --Will Rogers

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  5. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

NO!
  7. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Can you take a guess as to who just got orders to Beale???? It aint me....but someone I work with!!!!!

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I lived in Sacramento for 7 years so... Beale is just north of Sacramento about 45 minutes. You are just south of Marysville/Yuba City. The only good thing there is they have a Sonic.

Housing is relatively inexpensive near base, south of Yuba, but that is because the market crashed so hard. What is awesome is how close you are to awesome white water rafting (South Fork, American River), to amazing snow boarding in Lake Tahoe, to wine country (Napa/Sonoma as well as Amador County and Jackson), you aren't too far from Avenue of the Giants, San Francisco, Yosemite NP, etc. There are lots of outdoor's stuff and cultural things to do. The weather is bloody hot in the summer with little rain, but the winters are very mild. You can have is almost 60 degrees outside, and then drive 90 minutes to Lake Tahoe and it will be 20.

The economy is slumping there now, and schools/public education is taking a hit. Money is tight everywhere and personally, the state is really messed up. Keep your Non-Residency status or California will tax the hell out of you for every penney they can get. But all in all, I did enjoy living there alot. There was so much to do.
  9. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly519 View Post
    I lived in Sacramento for 7 years so... Beale is just north of Sacramento about 45 minutes. You are just south of Marysville/Yuba City. The only good thing there is they have a Sonic.

Housing is relatively inexpensive near base, south of Yuba, but that is because the market crashed so hard. What is awesome is how close you are to awesome white water rafting (South Fork, American River), to amazing snow boarding in Lake Tahoe, to wine country (Napa/Sonoma as well as Amador County and Jackson), you aren't too far from Avenue of the Giants, San Francisco, Yosemite NP, etc. There are lots of outdoor's stuff and cultural things to do. The weather is bloody hot in the summer with little rain, but the winters are very mild. You can have is almost 60 degrees outside, and then drive 90 minutes to Lake Tahoe and it will be 20.

The economy is slumping there now, and schools/public education is taking a hit. Money is tight everywhere and personally, the state is really messed up. Keep your Non-Residency status or California will tax the hell out of you for every penney they can get. But all in all, I did enjoy living there alot. There was so much to do.

Yeah, I plan on keeping NE as the state of residency

And..

for more information