Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chesterton - SD housing

1. Senior Member

Chesterton - SD housing

Advertisements
    Does anyone live there? Can anyone give me the good, bad and ugly of the housing and area? Is it true they don't have a/c? Are you allow to put in window units if it doesn't? We have 2 dogs so what we can live in is limited.

2. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    According to the Lincoln Housing website, they do not have A/C... but it doesn't state whether or not window/portable units are allowed.

Chesterton Housing

"All of the homes have carpet and window covering (verticals on sliding glass doors) but do not have air conditioning. A recreation center is in the MWR building located in the community."
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  3. Senior Member
    Oh thank you! I didn't even think to click on the features link LOL. I guess i'll call the housing office tomorrow and see if window units are allow.

4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I live in Chesterton and its pretty nice, Very quiet here. They are actually right in middle of putting A/C in each house so by October of 11 every house will have A/C, Ours was installed last month. You can put in window units if needed until they get to your house.
  5. Senior Member
    Oh thats perfect! Thank you so much for the info. That puts it pretty high up there on our list of places to think about.

6. Senior Member
    Actually, we do have a/c in Chesterton. They put it in my unit in December and they are still in the process of installing it in all of the homes. (I see the work going on when I walk my dog through the neighborhood).
    I actually love Chesterton. My back yard is huge. We can have two dogs. It's quiet and clean. The houses are actually pretty nice. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is the middle school that is the home school for this area, but if you have a middle schooler there are other options for your child's education just call the enrollment options office at the district.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly View Post
    Actually, we do have a/c in Chesterton. They put it in my unit in December and they are still in the process of installing it in all of the homes. (I see the work going on when I walk my dog through the neighborhood).
    I actually love Chesterton. My back yard is huge. We can have two dogs. It's quiet and clean. The houses are actually pretty nice. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is the middle school that is the home school for this area, but if you have a middle schooler there are other options for your child's education just call the enrollment options office at the district.
    Thank you so much! Yes, middle school is a HUGE issue for us as we'll have a 6th grader next year. (If 6th grade is middle school there) Here in SC it is, but in our hometown in Texas its not.

Also, could you possible take a picture of the inside of your house? I just kinda wanna see what the inside looks like. Would a king size bed fit in the master bedroom.. along with a dresser?

8. Senior Member
    We lived in Chesterton housing (BEFORE they installed AC ). Lovely with LOTS of community events and freebies (Padres tickets etc). We had out middle schooler at Challenger Middle School (because the ms for that area is underperforming). Challenger was AMAZING and they even provided bus transportation. I lived in the single family homes, not the townhomes.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  9. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by sungirl30 View Post
    I live in Chesterton and its pretty nice, Very quiet here. They are actually right in middle of putting A/C in each house so by October of 11 every house will have A/C, Ours was installed last month. You can put in window units if needed until they get to your house.
    Great news! We don't live in Chesterton but it's still great news for those who do or will in the future!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  10. Senior Member
    I just have a question for those in Chesterton - when they added A/C to the houses did they up the rent? We live in Chollas Heights (without a/c) and they have been talking about putting a/c in but I don't want them to take more BAH.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast