Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chesterton - SD housing

1. Regular Member
    Advertisements
    Why is housing considered rent? Isn't your BAH set at what housing rate is...meaning if your BAH is $2000 per month, then housing takes the full $2000? I have never heard of rent being paid in housing that does not equal BAH rate. Are utilities such as gas, electric and water included in your housing?
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyfrog View Post
    Why is housing considered rent? Isn't your BAH set at what housing rate is...meaning if your BAH is $2000 per month, then housing takes the full $2000? I have never heard of rent being paid in housing that does not equal BAH rate. Are utilities such as gas, electric and water included in your housing?

My housing doesn't take all your BAH...it's a flat rate. We get $2196 in BAH and the housing is only $1600 a month. All utilities are included in that $1600.
  3. Senior Member
    Not all housing in San Diego takes all of your BAH. There are communities that have flat rates to where you can bank BAH. And yes, utilities are included in all housing area prices.

Also, why would it not be considered rent? I don't get that. The money you pay is for rent, whether it's all or some of your BAH.
  4. Regular Member
    I only lived in housing once and that was overseas. I guess it is different here in the states as we didn't get extra money but utilities were included. How can I find out the rent prices on housing in SD? I looked at the weekly housing availabilities but it didn't list all the prices for each community.
  5. Senior Member
    I only lived in housing once and that was overseas. I guess it is different here in the states as we didn't get extra money but utilities were included. How can I find out the rent prices on housing in SD? I looked at the weekly housing availabilities but it didn't list all the prices for each community.
    Go to the Lincoln website [http://www.lincolnmilitary.com/Insta...plex-san-diego) and when you click on each property and scroll down it'll tell you if it's a flat rate or takes all BAH. Some DO take all of your BAH. For example, if you click on Chollas Heights (my housing) and scroll down it'll say in bold "Chollas Heights currently offers a flat rent, including utilities, of $1,600 for all 2-bedroom homes and $1,700 for all 3-bedroom homes."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12