Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Sticky thread on housing in SD....

1. Regular Member

Confused Sticky thread on housing in SD....

Advertisements
    Is this thread no longer active? I read thru about 20 pages of posts but could find no info on Coronado or Silver Strand housing.

But I did read alot about people actually driving from the East Coast to San Diego....I thought the military would fly your family out there? Is this not the case?
  2. Regular Member
    Did you check on lincolnmilitary.com to see about Silver Strand? They have a "hot sheet" that tells you whats avaliable and when.
    DH had to drive from DC to San Diego. I guess military doesn't ship cars anymore.
  3. Senior Member
    Stateside to stateside base the military does not fly you or ship cars. Only to overseas bases and back do they pay for airlines and shipping of one vehicle.
  4. Senior Member
    The thread is semi active. There have been posts within the last couple months.
  5. Senior Member
    You have to find your own car shipping company and everything- but you will get money towards shipping one car- active duty member needs to claim it on their travel claim when they check into their new unit. Its hard to find info on that- we shipped 1 car from NC to Cali and ended up paying less than $100 out of pocket for it! Well worth it if you can find a decent and legit company..