Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Silver Strand I

1. Regular Member

Help Silver Strand I

Advertisements
    Headed to SD in July 2011. We would like to live in the village of Coronado but definitely do not want to pay out of pocket for additional rent and utilities.

In a nutshell, can someone give me simple info on Silver Strand I? I hear the wait is horrendous so where do we live while we wait? Out in town?

Does anyone have any interior photos showing the 3 bedroom unit? Also I have a child that will be in middle school, are there school buses that pick up in housing and drop off at the middle school in Coronado?

Thanks for any insight you all may have to offer!!!!
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyfrog View Post
    Headed to SD in July 2011. We would like to live in the village of Coronado but definitely do not want to pay out of pocket for additional rent and utilities.

In a nutshell, can someone give me simple info on Silver Strand I? I hear the wait is horrendous so where do we live while we wait? Out in town?

Does anyone have any interior photos showing the 3 bedroom unit? Also I have a child that will be in middle school, are there school buses that pick up in housing and drop off at the middle school in Coronado?

If you choose to wait for housing, then yes you would have to rent out in town while you wait. I do not think there is bus service in Coronado for children who attend their area schools. You can contact the schools to find out for sure, though.
    "What's so good about good-bye? It is good to be reminded that life is brief, at best, with no dress rehearsals, and the seasons we are privileged to share together are even more fleeting. Good-bye is good if it teaches us to cherish the life and breath, strength and sound mind, and the moments we are allowed to walk side by side with a friend. Good-bye is good if, in that difficult moment, we stand still long enough to give thanks to God for the lessons we've learned together, the love given, and the love received, recognizing that these are gifts from the hand of God." ~Marshele Carter Waddell
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyfrog View Post

Hi,

I've lived in Coronado for 7 years. We live in the village. My kids went to Middle and High School here. They just graduated this year.
    They use to have a bus but there was a wait list for that too I think. Normally kids just ride the city bus to school or their parents drop them off.

I think the wait list for Strand 1 is 18 mths to 2 years. The houses are about huge, but not bad.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have been inside the 3 bedroom Strand I houses.. I think there around 1300sq feet. Kinda small but nice( I lived in Strand II for 3 years). The houses are nice there but the wait list is a long one.

Sorry I have no pictures for you though.
  5. Regular Member
    Caranado, Thanks for the input on the buses. I left you a message on your profile and would love to chat more on life in the village. Drop me a message anytime!!