Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preschool or Playgroups in Murphy Canyon area?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Preschool or Playgroups in Murphy Canyon area?

Advertisements
    So we've been here about a month now and I'm ready to get out (after the 1st of the year) and meet people and find stuff to do w/my 4 yr old (and her baby sister too), but mostly for my 4 yr old. She's so used to being active and playing w/friends and was going to pre-k in the public school before we moved here. So being home with me all day is becoming old for her very quickly! And I need some better converstaion that consists of more than what her my little ponies are doing...lol!
    Does anyone know of any preschools in this area that don't cost a fortune? Or playgroups or places kids her age play? I don't know much about this area (other than what I've seen driving and doesn't look like much for kids to go right in my neighborhood) Any suggestions/ideas are so greatly appreciated!!!!!
  2. Senior Member
    I don't know of the exact location, but my friend goes to a MOPS group over in Serra Mesa area. MOPS International - Mothers of Preschoolers Go to this site, then use the *find local group* search option.
    "What's so good about good-bye? It is good to be reminded that life is brief, at best, with no dress rehearsals, and the seasons we are privileged to share together are even more fleeting. Good-bye is good if it teaches us to cherish the life and breath, strength and sound mind, and the moments we are allowed to walk side by side with a friend. Good-bye is good if, in that difficult moment, we stand still long enough to give thanks to God for the lessons we've learned together, the love given, and the love received, recognizing that these are gifts from the hand of God." ~Marshele Carter Waddell
  3. Senior Member
    Hi- I also have a 4 year old and a 2 year old-both boys and we live in MC- there is so much to do around here- I love it. We go to the park, playgroups, zoo, etc- what part of MC are you in? We are in Santo Terrace
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Jab79- We are in Santo Terrace too. Is there a playgroup thats part of the housing? I thought I saw something in a book on a table in the office when we moved in. But I haven't seen anything about it since. Once it drys up, maybe we can meet at the park one day?
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by navywifeplus3 View Post
    I don't know of the exact location, but my friend goes to a MOPS group over in Serra Mesa area. MOPS International - Mothers of Preschoolers Go to this site, then use the *find local group* search option.
    I'm going to guess the MOPS group is over at Faith Community Church in Serra Mesa. What's your friends name???

There are openings for the MOPS at Faith Community Church because our military table has lost 3 people since the beginning of the year so if you're interested I can give you more information.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenziesmommy View Post
    I'm going to guess the MOPS group is over at Faith Community Church in Serra Mesa. What's your friends name???

There are openings for the MOPS at Faith Community Church because our military table has lost 3 people since the beginning of the year so if you're interested I can give you more information.
    Her name is Cindy.
    "What's so good about good-bye? It is good to be reminded that life is brief, at best, with no dress rehearsals, and the seasons we are privileged to share together are even more fleeting. Good-bye is good if it teaches us to cherish the life and breath, strength and sound mind, and the moments we are allowed to walk side by side with a friend. Good-bye is good if, in that difficult moment, we stand still long enough to give thanks to God for the lessons we've learned together, the love given, and the love received, recognizing that these are gifts from the hand of God." ~Marshele Carter Waddell
  7. Senior Member
    Do you all pay for the MOPS program?
  8. Senior Member
    Yes it's paid for, but we give scholarships and payment plans too.

Navywifeplus3 she doesn't attend anymore. She's one of the ones we lost this semester.
  9. Senior Member
    There is a playgroup that meets at the playground by the Murphy Canyon Youth Center/FFSC on Santo. It's every Wednesday at 10am, it's free and you don't have to sign up or anything. I'm in Santo Terrace as well. I'm not sure about playgroups specifically for preschoolers though, as my DS is 2 1/2.
  10. Senior Member
    Yeah i usually attend the free playgroups in the area

Serra Mesa and MC have a mom and tots program on Tuesday and Wednesdays mornings
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast