Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: HELP!!

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

HELP!!

Advertisements
    Ok so I thought I had this all figured out…but I heard from the housing office today and boy was I wrong!
    My husband and I have a 6month old daughter that lives with us full time and a son (my stepson) that lives with us part time - mostly during the holidays and winter and summer break - and he of course is listed on my husbands page 2 as a dependent. So we technically have 2 kids, but the housing office doesn't see it that way. They will only qualify us for a 2 bedroom We have two large dogs so living outside of mil housing will be challenging. Has anyone ran into this problem??? I really don't think our teenager wants to share a room with an infant, and he shouldn't have too. He has always had a room in our home and we really try and make the best effort for him to feel comfortable when he is with us sending him to the couch or having him share a room with his infant sister isn't my idea of comfortable…I don't know what to do now…..
  2. Senior Member

I am not sure but I think your husband would have to have custody of his son for 6 months out of the year to qualify for a bigger home. And yes it is hard to find a home that accepts pets down here, we never had pets for this reason, too which sucks because my son would LOVE to have a dog.
    This site can help you find a home that hopefully is within your budget and accepts pets. Automated Housing Referral Network (AHRN.com) v7.0
    We found our home we are in now very quickly from this site. We flew in from Korea on April 5th, searched this for homes, found it in a couple days and moved in on April 16th.
  3. Banned
    Banned
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Thanks Navgirl! Guess Im glad you didn't go through too much trouble to get those pictures now…lol
    They said he had to live with us 90% of the time for him to qualify - UGH! I understand where they are coming from but he is still my husbands dependent…and needs his own space…Oh well!
    I've been looking at the site too! Glad to know it worked for you and your family!
    The dogs are going to be a challenge…68 and 88 pounds…i see a lot of properties say, under 25 lbs…BLAH…and the stress begins….