Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Temp Housing??

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Confused Temp Housing??

Advertisements
    Does anyone know of a good resource to use for Temp Housing in San Diego? My husband will be reporting in early Feb (we just got his orders) and with the wait lists being as they are we only have a few options - one if temp housing. If anyone knows of something like month to month or even places that rent out to military on the cheap while waiting for quarters that would be great! Any help or suggestions are welcome! Thanks!!
  2. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    When my DH and I got out here we where still on the waiting list for a home to become available. We stayed in a furnished apartment down in Imperial Beach called Candlelight apartments. It is a pretty nice place the area is okay it is located 6 mile from the border. We stayed there for like a month and a half until we got in housing and had no problems. It's was like 9 miles from NS San Diego and its a month-to-month rental. Here is the link to it San Diego Furnished Apartments for Rent - Candlelight Furnished Apartments
  3. jae
    Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by LindsayLo View Post
    Does anyone know of a good resource to use for Temp Housing in San Diego? My husband will be reporting in early Feb (we just got his orders) and with the wait lists being as they are we only have a few options - one if temp housing. If anyone knows of something like month to month or even places that rent out to military on the cheap while waiting for quarters that would be great! Any help or suggestions are welcome! Thanks!!
    Have you contacted the housing office...we received orders on the 21st of December to report January 10...I called them that night (I'm in Okinawa) and was offered a house on the 27th. I arrive this Saturday the 8th and move into my house Monday the 10th! Good luck and I hope it all works out for you!
  4. Senior Member
    If there's something available they may push you into a bigger house if possible.