Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious Question...

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Question Serious Question...

Advertisements
    I know this is a stupid question and Im gonna get the answer there is drama everywhere you go. HOWEVER..Is housing in San Diego as drama filled as it is here in Lemoore???

I have never seen so much back stabbing 2 faced women in my life and Im 35 lol

Im EFMP and cant drive due to medical reasons I have MS and OMG I have been told that I am a user because I asked a friend (I use that term lightly) if they could take me to the commisary. I even paid them 10-20 dollars to help. My husband is deployed and I cant walk its too much for me. And yeah so now I apparently use people. WTH? So hubs is looking at orders to SD so I will have better medical care because the docs here are HORRIBLE any insight???
  2. Senior Member

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  3. Regular Member
    We've been here for 3 months now and have had 1 neighbor move out and then another come in. Honestly, where we live (Murphy Canyon) people keep to themselves or at least I do! None of my neighbors seem to congregate in yards as I've seen in some areas on other bases. I wasn't so sure about moving here but now that we've been here we love it and feel free of drama!........so far anyway!

BTW~My hometown is Visalia and perhaps its the horrible Lemoore water that has people that way! haha Good luck to you

Jay + Robin = Tweethearts
  4. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysbrneyedgirl View Post
    We've been here for 3 months now and have had 1 neighbor move out and then another come in. Honestly, where we live (Murphy Canyon) people keep to themselves or at least I do! None of my neighbors seem to congregate in yards as I've seen in some areas on other bases. I wasn't so sure about moving here but now that we've been here we love it and feel free of drama!........so far anyway!

BTW~My hometown is Visalia and perhaps its the horrible Lemoore water that has people that way! haha Good luck to you
    Totally OT but my cousin and his family live in Visalia--he's a firefighter there.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    Totally OT but my cousin and his family live in Visalia--he's a firefighter there.
    Oh really! I NEVER hear of anyone linked or from Visalia. This is the first! haha

6. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    The friends I have who live in San Diego housing haven't experienced any drama... but, like you acknowledged there is the potential for drama anywhere you go. The biggest way to avoid it is to keep to yourself. I don't know about the Lemoore housing, but a lot of San Diego housing isn't on base, so you shouldn't have any problem taking a cab. I think you're better off using a cab than paying friends/neighbors/acquaintances. Unfortunately there ARE some people out there (everywhere, not just with the military) who really do use and take advantage of people, so I think many folks are hypersensitive to that. No, I don't think you deserved that label after asking for help ONE time (and offering to pay for it), but it sounds like these ladies got it in their head that you'd be making a habit of it. Better to just stick with a cab company or something, KWIM?

FWIW, we had one of "those" wives with my exhusband's command. She didn't drive (no medical reasons, she just hadn't gotten around to getting her license), and the entire time her husband was gone, she wasn't shy at all about asking people to drive her everywhere or pick things up for her and bring them to her house. One of my friends was asked to go pick up her son's birthday cake and bring it to her house--and she wasn't even invited to the party. I knew a mom like that in my old MOMS Club too.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  7. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Oh really! I NEVER hear of anyone linked or from Visalia. This is the first! haha
    I know! That's why I had to say something! LOL My grandparents moved to Selma (do you know where THAT is? LOL) when I was about 3 or 4, and my aunt moved down after my cousin finished high school--and I guess he moved down there not too much later. I know that's where he's been living with his wife and three kids for quite some time now.
  8. Regular Member
    I totally agree with Beth. You never know who can turn on you. Down here there are lots available for you to get around. Trolley and MTS. The neighborhood Vons delivers too! I haven't used them yet but would like to when I get too busy to drive over and get a few things. (I homeschool so my mornings and afternoons are hectic)

Beth~I was born in Kingsburg, which is just south of Selma! Visalia has grown so much it's a nice place to live. I'd move back if we wanted to retire there.

9. Senior Member

I am in San Diego and I prefer to not live in housing due to past drama issues but it's everywhere, even in non-military neighborhoods but for some reason it seemed more common in housing in my experience.
  10. Senior Member

I totally agree with Beth. You never know who can turn on you. Down here there are lots available for you to get around. Trolley and MTS. The neighborhood Vons delivers too! I haven't used them yet but would like to when I get too busy to drive over and get a few things. (I homeschool so my mornings and afternoons are hectic)

Beth~I was born in Kingsburg, which is just south of Selma! Visalia has grown so much it's a nice place to live. I'd move back if we wanted to retire there.
    Yeah Vons delivers but holy shit they are expensive. I was browsing the website and I just couldn't believe the prices!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast