Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ft. Huachuca

1. Bee
    Forever his... faithfully.
    Forever his... faithfully.

Ft. Huachuca

Advertisements
    Anyone at or been to Ft. Huachuca? My DH is 90% sure that his next duty station will be there, so I was just wondering if anyone had any information on the area!

Love is a canvas furnished by nature
    and embroidered by imagination.

2. Senior Member
    xDF was stationed there. IMO, the place kind of sucked. Its in the middle of nowhere mountains about 30 minutes to the border of Mexico. Its about a 2 hour drive from Phoenix (1 and a half if your drive like me), and about 45 mins-1 hour to Tucson.

Its located in the city of Sierra Vista, the place has more fast food restaurants than anything. and the mall is a disgrace, and where all of the kids and teenagers hang out. So basically there is no entertainment. There are a few bars though. So, if you want to go shopping, or for a nice night out, most people drive to Tucson.

I'm sorry if my description is making it seem dreary, but it is The people there are pretty nice though. The base is nice, a lot of the housing that i've seen is newer. The PX and commissary I would say are pretty average.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
    A Team
    Blog Entries
    I have friends stationed there and I live in Tucson. I agree with PP, sierra vista itself is dull...and the mall is pitiful. I'll be lookin forward to seein you in Tucson....cause that's really the only place to go! On the plus side...you can visit tombstone
    This girl is gearing up for ANG!

islandxgirl:My bestie, my love, my wifey since 06/22/11
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Arizona its self is a BEAUTIFUL place! I wanted to get stationed there just for the state. My uncle lives in Tucson...if you're willing to travel there's so much to see! Like pp said, tombstone is awesome!
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    My Husband is currently there and I do not like it at all. I agree with the others. There is really not much to do. It is a really boring place but the people are really friendly.
  6. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    We were there for six months! Hated it then, miss it now! Lol of course. I can recommend some cool places, lemme know when you're there!
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    My husband just got orders there and the whole family is going too. Housing said they have a 9 month wait, can anyone recommend any apartments?
  8. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    We lived there twice and I personally love AZ and the Sierra Vista area, it was quiet and the weather was fantastic. Shopping is not great, but you can really enjoy a trip to Tuscon love Trader Joes!!! It really depends on if you prefer a quiet family life or the go go go lifestyle. I did a lot of traveling with my girl scouts, community service work, I worked for the school district and found the Elementary schools to be wonderful for my children. Every place you live is truely what you make it
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cstrapazzon View Post
    My husband just got orders there and the whole family is going too. Housing said they have a 9 month wait, can anyone recommend any apartments?
    I only know of personally the one a friend is living in, but they are very small, so if you have a large family they are not a good bet. There are some pretty nice ones closer to base, though there aren't many larger apartments that I have seen. There are houses that you could rent a little farther away from base. (Although not much is far from base.... ) I had no idea the housing wait was so long, they just built a ton of new housing, and are building more. Just take a little search online, I'm sure you will be able to find something!
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early