Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Camp pendleton housing. Which is better??

1. Regular Member

Camp pendleton housing. Which is better??

Advertisements
    DH and I are getting ready to move from Groton CT to Camp Pendleton, and even though we STILL don't have hard copy orders the housing office over therer said we could still send in an application and get on the waiting list. They said the list isn't long at all though and we're guaranteed a house even if we put an application a month before!! But still we're sending it in today to be on the safe side. The woman DH spoke to said we qualify for a 3-4 bedroom either in Forster hills or Wire Mountain. Sooo, I was wondering which one was better. I heard Wire Mountain was better and looked at the floor plans but the website doesn't have any floorplans for forster hills.

I was also wondering if there was a plac eI could see pictures of the housing?? I haven't been able to find any and I'd love to see some!
  2. Proud Navy Wife and mommy of 3
    Proud Navy Wife and mommy of 3
    They told us the same thing when we knew we were going there but didnt have hard copies yet. They said that we couldn't officially be put on any waiting list till he actually checked into the command. Make sure you check and re check talk to the district manager or some one higher up because they can do round about ways and screw things up.

Forester Hills has bigger back yards and depends on which Wire Mountain there are 3
    Mommy to Jocelyn, Jazmine (angel baby), Jayson (My Angel in the sky)and Jacquelyn
  3. Regular Member
    We would like a big backyard as we have a dog, but I've heard Wire mountain was nicer. They told us Wire mountain 1 or 2. They also told us that he doesn't have to be checked in to his new command to get on the waiting list or get a house either. We weren't checked in when we got our first base house where we're currently stationed. They said we just need to send them an application filled out as best as possible and the pg2 and they'd put us on the waiting list according to when our first application was sent in. So when we got our real orders they would complete the process. I guess I'll have to call back and make sure of everything. I really wish they were more clear about things. Especially on the site and on the phone. No one said anything about having to check into the command first. Hmmm
  4. Proud Navy Wife and mommy of 3
    Proud Navy Wife and mommy of 3
    I was supposubly put on the waiting list 6 months prior to us reporting to camp pen. I took all of the necessary paper work etc to be put on when my hubby was deployed had POA etc. When we went to check in they said we were never really on the waiting list just started the paper work they dont put you on one untill you are actually checked into the command and have stamped orders. They said they do it like that because they want to make sure the ones already there are getting houses etc. Some crap like that.
    Mommy to Jocelyn, Jazmine (angel baby), Jayson (My Angel in the sky)and Jacquelyn
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    We just moved to Camp Pendleton in September and we're staying at the Stuart Mesa housing. We had actually sent out application in June before going away overseas, but when we called them after we came back at the end of August, they didn't have our application anywhere on their database! They were really nice though in helping us by processing our application (which we sent again) straight away and we got a house in two days!
    Between Forester Hills and Wire Mountain, I am told Wire Mountain is better and it's closer to the commisary and the main gate, if that helps~
  6. Regular Member
    At this point I'll take whatever we can get as long as it suits our needs I guess. I hear Forster has fenced in backyards though which is a plus since we have a dog. They said they'd see if they could get us a house with a fenced yard which I'm hoping we do get that. Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. We don't even have our hardcopy orders yet and we're suppose to start the move in a month...ugh