Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone at Ft. Sam?

1. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries

Question Anyone at Ft. Sam?

Advertisements
    We're getting ready to PCS to Ft. Sam and I was wondering if anyone is in the San Antonio area or at Ft. Sam and can give me info/talk to me about SanA.

TIA!
  2. Am
    Not me but .
  3. Senior Member
    i will be at lackland afb when db gets back from this deployment!
    Survived our first deployment!
  4. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    Amber! Miss you oodles.

Victoria, are you familiar with San Antonio? I know we'll be at separate bases, but I was just curious what sorts of things you've discovered about the area. I'm currently in job hunting mode, we're trying to get on-base housing, and I've been researching local activities that we enjoy like bowling (nerdy, I know), the music scene, and kids activities for DSD's visits on weekends.

What sorts of things have you found?
  5. Senior Member
    i havent been yet so i really am not sure.. i know that there are lots of things to do in san antonio. YOU GET INTO SEAWORD FOR FREE! (i am pretty sure )

and db and i have done some research and the areas of san antonio ive heard are not the safest :-/ but the bases are reallly nice.
  6. Senior Member
    but you will be there before me. i should be there in july or august of next year. maybe we can keep in touch and when i come you will know about some jobs!!

because i will need one of those!
  7. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    I am 3 hours north but visit San Antonio often! I love the area! You will find so much to do. We visit as much as we can!
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  8. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
    i havent been yet so i really am not sure.. i know that there are lots of things to do in san antonio. YOU GET INTO SEAWORD FOR FREE! (i am pretty sure )

and db and i have done some research and the areas of san antonio ive heard are not the safest :-/ but the bases are reallly nice.

The area is like any other city. You have the really nice areas and then the no so nice area.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  9. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    Yes, a friend of mine here on post is from SanA and he told me to avoid the west side at all costs. He said you don't want to get a flat tire there. He also said stay out of the east side and south if you can. Downtown is nice but try to life on base or in the north. The problem with the North, he said, is that it is more expensive.

I'm still excited though!

San A is the 6th largest U.S. city. I haven't been either, but I'm a planner and a researcher so I'm online looking up stuff all of the time. What season/month do you plan to head out there?

I'm pretty sure you can get into SeaWorld free because they had that when we were visiting family in FL last year.

I'm still in Italy though so all of my research is web-based. If you have questions that I might have found answers to, let me know and I'll try to help you.

P.S. DH is from the Houston area originally! I'm a SoCal girl and that's where we met many years ago.
  10. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    Ooops, Sorry Victoria! Just saw that you're moving next summer.

DH is headed there for a special program, so I'm not sure if we'll still be there next summer. They usually give you a 6 month time line that can be shortened or extended based on various things such as whether they'll MEB him or not. But at least I'll still be familiar enough to help you out when you're prepping for your move!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast