Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Vets Near/In San Deigo?

1. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.

Help Vets Near/In San Deigo?

Advertisements
    I am currently looking into getting a young dog/puppy within the next month from one of the many shelters around here, and I'm wanting opinions on good vets in the area, and of course the vet being reasonably priced is a plus as well. I think it's best to have a vet picked out before you get a dog, and see if they have opening for a new patient.(at least from past experiences it worked best, and I don't want to get stuck waiting to get into the vet I like.) So if anyone has opinions, advise, or anything to share I'd appreciate it.
    There is one vet I to take my animals to unless I HAVE to and that's Banfield for many reasons.
    Signature removed due to size.
  2. Senior Member
    I take my dog for his annual shots at the MIramar Vet on base- its the cheapest and its not bad- not the BEST service and all, but its fine for annual shots coz it saves you a lot of money.
    When he had to get a minor surgery done, I used the vet in Tierassanta off of Santo Road next to the post office- can't remember the exact name though, but they were WONDERFUL! Very very caring people- but a bit pricey..
  3. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    I didn't even know there was a vet on Miramar, but I thought that maybe it would since it's normally all the bases but for naval bases with the vets from what DH has said. Thanks to you I now know there is one over there.

As far as the surgery being pricey That sounds about right because no matter where you go those things are never cheap. I'm glad you had a pleasant experience and they were so wonderful. Those things are never pleasant to have to deal with so it does wonders when you have good people keeping you informed and caring for your pet!

Thanks for your input and I'll be looking into the Miramar's Vet clinic.
  4. Senior Member
    We take our dogs to Balboa Veterinary Hospital. They are great. A year and a half ago our pug was attacked by an Akita, and they did a fabulous job fixing him up. He barely even has a scar (and he required almost a foot long drainage tube and tons of staples). Also, if you are looking into adopting, we got our chocolate lab mix from Second Chance Dog Rescue. They are wonderful, and they don't keep the animals in a shelter, they foster them out into homes, so they are well adjusted to people. They actually rescue dogs from shelters and then try to find them homes, rather than keeping the dogs sitting there in a shelter. The way I look at it, adopting a dog from them gives them room to get another dog out of a shelter, and the dogs seem less timid than a lot of shelter dogs.
  5. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    I took mine to PetSmart in El Cajon. You can get insurance through them that covers shots, fixing, checkups, etc. Saved me a TON of money and they treated my puppies so good!

OOPS, well I just read that you don't like Banfield....I only had good experiences so I can't complain.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    My vet is Friars Road Pet Hospital. But what I do for the animals shots is I go to the shot clinics, they can be much cheaper than at an animal hospital. As for neutering & spaying, there is a great non profit organization called The Neuter Scooter & they do spay & neutering clinics everywhere. You do have to book in advance with them, as they fill up quick. I personally don't want to pay an office visit fee plus shots plus this plus that, just so they can get shots. There is even a non profit in San Diego County that will come to your home and give your pets the shots for a donation. There are a ton of low cost services available that you can use & still have a normal vet that you use.
  7. Senior Member
    I'm in Imperial Beach and have had good luck with the Seacoast Vet Clinic on Palm ave. They got me in quick, were very friendly and had reasonable prices. I've also heard great things about the vet clinic up at Miramar, that's where one of my friends takes all his dogs, so that's an option if you're at the other end of town.
    No more damn ticker, he's home!
  8. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Ladies for the input! I'm looking into shelters where they are already neutered & spayed, but these are all places and things I'll be looking into. We get the little fur baby come after the second pay day in October! I can't wait to see DD's face when we go look at puppies.
  9. Senior Member
    There's a great vet on Tierrasanta Blvd by the Jack In The Box. When my neighbor's dog was having a seziure they sent a vet tech out to come help her because she couldn't pick him up
  10. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenziesmommy View Post
    There's a great vet on Tierrasanta Blvd by the Jack In The Box. When my neighbor's dog was having a seziure they sent a vet tech out to come help her because she couldn't pick him up
    I'll have too look into that place, and it's nice to know there are good vets here. Back home it was hard to find one within a 10mile radius.