Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Village at NTC in San Diego...have a couple questions

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Moving to Village at NTC in San Diego...have a couple questions

Advertisements
    So my husband and I declined military housing when he first PCS'd in June because we were already living somewhere which is about 30-35 minutes north of the MCRD in San Diego; however, we've become very aware of just how important it is to actually live closer to base during this duty, especially with the major lack of sleep my husband is getting because that 30 minute drive can actually be quite dangerous with the fact that he can barely keep his eyes open. Plus I want to be closer to base to take advantage of all the resources and live near other military families for support and all the family events. So we are moving to the Village at NTC this month. I'm wondering if anyone has pics of the inside of the townhomes there....I just want to see if all our stuff can fit in there or if we will need to put things in storage. I also wanted to know if anyone knows if it comes with a fridge?

And one more question....if we declined the housing once but just got reinstated, do we still get to have the courtesy move where they have movers come and move us out for free?

Thanks everyone!! And if anyone is living there now, I'd love to get to know you so I can have some new friends down there
  2. Senior Member
    I love the village at NTC. I think they're really nice and in a good area. The airport is RIGHT next the them though.

I'm not sure if you still have the courtesy move.
  3. Senior Member
    No the movers wont move you now. Yes it does come with a fridge. I dont live there, we live in MC but I have heard that they are nice.
  4. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Great area, nice places, nice neighborhood, close to everything.

Nope, I think you are on your own once you decline housing.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thanks everyone! Do any of you guys know anyone on here with pics from either NTC or Gateway? And I'm bummed about the courtesy move issue...so if you know some good tips on finding cheap movers please let me know! Thank you!!
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by CassieR1202 View Post
    No the movers wont move you now. Yes it does come with a fridge. I dont live there, we live in MC but I have heard that they are nice.
    You've saved me a trip to the Home appliance store! I'm SOOO happy that it comes with a fridge!!! So bummed about the movers though
  7. Senior Member

All the housing comes with all the big kitchen appliances and sometimes washers and dryers. The housing we lived in in Korea came with a washer and dryer.
    I would call the housing/travel (?) office about the courtesy move to make sure whether they do or don't.
  8. Senior Member
    Is your hubby a DI there?
    My hubby works there now- he is the band
    The homes look real nice, maybe a bit on the smaller side though, but they look brand new. How many bedrooms did you get?
    We live in Murphy Canyon and the commute is about 15 min for my hubby in the morning. But we love the area around here.
    Your hubby will be real close to work
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jab79 View Post
    Is your hubby a DI there?
    My hubby works there now- he is the band
    The homes look real nice, maybe a bit on the smaller side though, but they look brand new. How many bedrooms did you get?
    We live in Murphy Canyon and the commute is about 15 min for my hubby in the morning. But we love the area around here.
    Your hubby will be real close to work
    Hi Jab79,

Yes my hubby is a DI there...just one month into his first cycle. Thank you so much for you info about the homes...I know they will be a little smaller, but honestly, with 3 kids, I feel like the smaller the space I have to clean, the better. We live in a pretty big house right now and I can't tell you how much of my time is dedicated to just cleaning this place. So i'm looking forward to the downsize Plus being that close to my hubs work as well as other wives who are in the same boat as me will be so much better for me and my kids. Maybe we can meet up and have some coffee at the Depot!
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hello- I actually live in a 3 story in Gateway
    I BEGGED for pictures too before I moved just to get an idea..

I dont have pictures(someone on the forum had them posted before - you may have to do a search)

I can tell you.

3rd floor
    The third floor bedroom is nice. We use this as a master bedroom and have a king sized bed- two dressers and an entertainment center
    PLENTY of space around bed etc.
    The closet is not very large in the bedroom - however there is a closet in the hallway.
    No hang up rack though only shelves.
    So hubby and i split the hang up part in the bedroom.

Second floor
    Kids bedrooms are HUGE! one room we have two twin beds( seperate)
    other room has a closet twice as big - actually can fit a twin bed in there if needed lol and seperate bathroom

Living area
    The only problem i have is the living area.
    The living room is extremely small and we have a sectional sofa.
    Its very odd how its shaped.

Every thing else is fine!
    They give us all appliances including washer/dryer/microwave
    If you have any questions let me know
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast