Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the Navy pay for us to move into housing?

1. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick

Does the Navy pay for us to move into housing?

Advertisements
    Does the Navy pay for us to move into Navy family housing in San Diego? They did in WA but I'm not sure about here.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  2. Senior Member
    I messaged you back on facebook, but no they did not pay for us to move into housing here.
  3. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I just saw your message on Facebook. Thanks!! That will probably be the deciding factor for me so it looks like we'll stay put LOL.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  4. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Beth, do you mean you PCS'd to a location, took a house on the economy and now you want to move into housing? If so, no, you only get one paid move per PCS. There are exceptions to this but usually related to there being no housing available on arrival.

Suggestion...it's "Transition" time and there are a lot of new CPO selects trying to make some money. Your SO's command probably have a few and it's a good way for you to move cheap and for them to make some $. I moved twice during transition and used the Selects to move my furniture (I moved all the small stuff myself). Paid them $250 plus I grilled up some hot dogs and burgers while they worked.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  5. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    No, in WA my ex was already stationed there when we got married. The way housing worked there was they paid for us to move into housing. It wasn't a PCS.
  6. Senior Member
    They used to pay for you to move from civilian housing into military housing. It was called a courtesy move, but I'm not sure if they changed it. You were not married when you moved here right? Your now DH status has changed and that may qualify you for a navy paid move into military housing since he did not qualify (or need) military housing at his check-in date. You should call housing and ask, you never know where there may be a loop hole! Congratulations on baby #3!
  7. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by navywifeplus3 View Post
    They used to pay for you to move from civilian housing into military housing. It was called a courtesy move, but I'm not sure if they changed it. You were not married when you moved here right? Your now DH status has changed and that may qualify you for a navy paid move into military housing since he did not qualify (or need) military housing at his check-in date. You should call housing and ask, you never know where there may be a loop hole! Congratulations on baby #3!
    Thanks! I'm definitely going to call and ask, because it never hurts to ask.

And thanks for the congrats too! And YES, courtesy move, that's what they called it in WA, I couldn't remember LOL. Oh, and yes, we married after he PCSed here.
  8. You are here.
    You are here.
    From a few other people that have asked housing, I think they are starting to say no more and more. I've heard of spouses asking when their SOs are out to sea/deployed and they (housing and HHG) told them no.
  9. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by Frybread View Post
    From a few other people that have asked housing, I think they are starting to say no more and more. I've heard of spouses asking when their SOs are out to sea/deployed and they (housing and HHG) told them no.
    Ah ok, good to know. I'll still call and ask, just because it'll only take 2 seconds out of my day LOL... but yeah. If DH was home, I'd move. But he's deployed, I'll be 4-5 months pregnant, and yeah. Damn, we should have just gotten married before we moved down here so we'd have been eligible for housing.
  10. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Dangit. It looks like in order to have a courtesy move (based on what I found on another base's website), we would have had to apply within 30 days of his "change in status" when he became eligible (that is, when we got married). So yeah, I'm guessing the answer is a big fat no LOL.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast