Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Murphy Canyon Residents!!

1. Senior Member

Exclamation Murphy Canyon Residents!!

Advertisements
    I am not sure if you have heard about this but just in case I am posting it. This would be great, I think even though I don't live there, the idea is great.

iCommute - Murph Express

There is a lot of info at the site but here is a brief on this.
    About the Murph Express

The Murph Express is a new Premium Express bus service from Murphy Canyon military housing to Naval Base San Diego. This is a pilot bus service scheduled to launch November 1, 2010. The goals of the one year project is to help reduce traffic congestion, provide service in an area where transit is underserved, help Navy families save money, and improve their commute. SANDAG, the Metropolitan Transit System (MTS), and the Navy are collaborating to implement this pilot bus service. If successful, the program could be extended, and possibly expanded to other areas.
  2. Senior Member
    Hmm, this actually seems really cool. I want to live in Murphy Canyon, but not sure if that's gonna work since the waiting list is ages long.
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Hmm, this actually seems really cool. I want to live in Murphy Canyon, but not sure if that's gonna work since the waiting list is ages long.
    Have you looked at the Hot List, There seems to have alot units for Murphy Canyon. Just an idea.
  4. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Really? I didn't know the waiting list was long! I thought it was maybe 6 months or something... and I know someone just posted that they aren't even here yet and have housing assigned in MC.

This almost makes me want to move to MC.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  5. Regular Member
    My husband was seriously considering this until we got orders to a different base :-(
  6. Regular Member
    That really sounds awesome! My hubby would go for something like this because he isn't too excited about commuting. We live on base now in 29Palms and he's only 3 minutes from his office. So this is going to be a change for us.

We just accepted a home in MC and a friend of ours that is PCSing a month later than I secured a home in MC too. I think we were both searching for about a month & a half before these homes opened up. I saw in the month of August there were about 5 homes that were on the Hot Sheet. I guess it just depends on the timing of when people give their notice.

Jay + Robin = Tweethearts
  7. Senior Member
    We were on the waiting list for MC for less than a week and we were offered a house, even an address so I could have a friend check it out. As far as the commuter bus goes, I think its a great concept, but it won't be going to Coranoda/North Island and that's where my DH's boat is. The guy that talked to me about it said that if this worked out well they should have a line that goes to there before 2012. We won't be here then though.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melcoop View Post
    Have you looked at the Hot List, There seems to have alot units for Murphy Canyon. Just an idea.
    I personally usually only see 4 bedroom units for MC on the Hot Sheet. We only need 2.
    I'll be looking into it within the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    Really? I didn't know the waiting list was long! I thought it was maybe 6 months or something... and I know someone just posted that they aren't even here yet and have housing assigned in MC.

This almost makes me want to move to MC.
    I guess I kind of consider 6 months a wait. I might do it though, over deployment. I'm torn on where I want to live, but DH really wants MC.
    I'm interested in Chollas Heights though as well. They don't take all your BAH over there.
  9. Senior Member
    I think this is a great idea- I just wish they had one for Marines going to MCRD....