Thread: If you could choose any housing in SD

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy89 View Post
    *cough*MOVETONEBRASKA*cough*
    *COUGHIWOULDIFICOULDBECAUSEICOULDHANGOUTWITHFROGGIEANDWENDY*
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    What are the houses like? We live in a really crappy area military housing. They're apartments and we're tired of it. We want to move somewhere that are houses, hopefully don't take all the BAH and are in a better area than we are now, not too far from base. I looked at Chollas Heights on google maps, they look really nice.
    What was the wait list like?

They are townhouses - you get a 2 car garage and a cute little patio. They aren't huge...we are in a two bedroom so it's just my husband, myself and our baby and it fits us perfectly. There are a lot of play areas in the development...basically you walk out the patio and there is one! The only thing that might be a problem for some people is that there is no air conditioning. For us, (we moved here from Florida), that is no problem. We haven't felt a need for one at all. Our neighbors have put in window units though.

We go to the 32nd Street Naval Base for the commissary and it isn't too far...maybe 15 minutes. My husband works on MCRD and has no problems with that commute. Everything seems to be 10-15 minutes away. It's located across the street from Target, Walmart, Kohls, Ross, Sam's Club, Starbucks and Big Lot's so all your shopping is right here within walking distance.

There was no wait list for us. We arrived in San Diego and moved in the same day.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234