Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Lemoore, CA.....

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Lemoore, CA.....

Advertisements
    hi everyone, just wondering if anyone can tell me a little more about NAS Lemoore. we will be pcsing there soon. Hows the housing? I heard there are like 6 communities, do you know if all of them have garages and yards? Is the area nice(low crime). shopping any good?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
  3. Senior Member
    Housing down there will definitely have backyards and garages. I grew up about 30 minutes from there in the closest metropolis. Fresno.
    Anyways, Lemoore is pretty much a podunk town.

http://www.lincolnmilitary.com/Insta...lemoore-(nas)/

I do know a lot of sailors from there though, due to them al migrating to Fresno either to live or to hang out with all their friends on weekends.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *MarineBug* View Post
    Haha, thanks.

See my post in this thread.
  5. Forever & Always <3
    Forever & Always <3
    Blog Entries
    my DB is stationed there.. I'll be moving there when he gets back from deployment
    "Baby, I'd do anything to be with you , to see your smile, to taste your kiss, to hear your voice, and have my arms wrapped around you. I miss you so much"

"Just look up at the sky and know that we are looking at the same stars"
  6. Senior Member

I was stationed there from 95-97! yeah a long while ago. The housing there was being built when I was there so it's still nice I am sure and more has been built. Just after the time that I left, they built a new commissary and exchange and a new hospital. We lived in Lemoore itself and yeah it's small. The last time I was in Lemoore was in 2001. The base itself is surrounded by farm fields.
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    I was stationed there from 95-97! yeah a long while ago. The housing there was being built when I was there so it's still nice I am sure and more has been built. Just after the time that I left, they built a new commissary and exchange and a new hospital. We lived in Lemoore itself and yeah it's small. The last time I was in Lemoore was in 2001. The base itself is surrounded by farm fields.
    So there isnt much to do out there?? Yay farm fields, will i smell cow the whole time...lol
  8. Forever & Always <3
    Forever & Always <3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by navywife418 View Post
    So there isnt much to do out there?? Yay farm fields, will i smell cow the whole time...lol
    DB told me there is nothing out there.. you pretty much have to drive to Fresno to do anything lol
    "Baby, I'd do anything to be with you , to see your smile, to taste your kiss, to hear your voice, and have my arms wrapped around you. I miss you so much"

"Just look up at the sky and know that we are looking at the same stars"
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

That was my dh's first duty station and we left in 2003. He is going back to Lemoore 2011.

Its an ok area. Centrally located to everything(LA, Beach...2ish hrs, mountains, ect). Born and raised in Fresno, Cali myself.. Fresno is ALOT bigger than Lemoore/Hanford area(though Hanford has grown alot).

Houses were already bulit when we were there(2002 time frame). They seem pretty nice and do have garages and yards.
  10. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by navywife418 View Post
    If you drive 198 to I-5 you hit Harris Ranch and yeah you can rrreeeaalllyyyy smell the cows, LOL! Around the base is just cotton and veggie fields.