Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Anyone know the Phoenix area?

1. Junior Member

Anyone know the Phoenix area?

Advertisements
    Ok - so the time has come for my husband and I to move away from Louisiana (we moved here about 1 1/2 years ago from Tucson) and head west. Basically (and I did start a thread a few months ago - it died so I thought I'd start a new one) my husband is seperating from Active duty in the Air Force and attending AFROTC in Phoenix for 2 years before being commissioned. His main school is actually on Luke AFB, but he will be making at least 3 or 4 trips a week to his detachment at ASU in Tempe. Since the military has messed up our move, I'll be going ahead next week and apartment hunting. My question is - where would be a good place to live that would have easy access to both areas? We will be looking for a 2 bedroom apartment (just the two of us and our small dog) and have seen several online - what is camelback and 99th ave like? Or around westgate? We would like a nice apartment but dont really want to go above $850 a month.

Many thanks in advance
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I just moved here and we moved to the west gate area! It is really really nice!! Kind of around everything, but away from everything if ya know what I mean! We live at the apartments called Courtney Vista! They are really nice and we have a 2 bedroom for $750 or so! but that was a special so IDK! But it is a really nice area! Just let me know if you need any more info!

I love him forever and always!!!
  3. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Once I find a job I am going to be hitting all of you up to help me find a place around here. I am living on the west side of Phoenix with two bachelors... I need my own spot LOL
  4. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdudley88 View Post
    I just moved here and we moved to the west gate area! It is really really nice!! Kind of around everything, but away from everything if ya know what I mean! We live at the apartments called Courtney Vista! They are really nice and we have a 2 bedroom for $750 or so! but that was a special so IDK! But it is a really nice area! Just let me know if you need any more info!
    Thanks girl!! I'm gonna be checking out all the apartments I can on Tuesday .. def starting around the Westgate area ... hope I find something before the moving people come and pick our stuff up on Thursday!! I would hate for it to go into storage! lol
    Banned
    I love the Tempe area. I lived in Tempe when I was going to ASU. There are apartments eeeeeverywhere. Mesa, Gilbert, Tempe, Phoenix, Scottsdale, etc. Check out apartments.com, rent.com and all those type of places for apartment listings. Also, check out AHRN, it is a website that is military approved rentals. You can find places near Luke AFB.
  6. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Scottsdale has nice apartments but they can be expensive. I like some of the ones in Glendale, and Mesa has some really nice ones too.
  7. Senior Member
    I live in Tempe! its a great place to live, also Glendale is a great choice. especially if you want to be between Luke AFB and ASU. there are TONS of apts out there. there are also a ton of rental homes, which have reasonable prices. there can be some not so great areas all over the phoenix area, but its pretty easy to tell just by looking at the places. also the commute between Luke and ASU isnt too bad.... once you get used to it....
    good luck!
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
    Banned
    I loved living in Tempe, I can't say enough good things about it haha.