Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Las Vegas

1. Air Force Wife
    Air Force Wife

Las Vegas

Advertisements
    Hi! Df and I are moving to Vegas in...20 days! We're seriously looking into Presidio apartments and I was wondering if anyone has any info about them? They seem to be really nice and everyone I have talked to there has been so nice and helpful, also very knowledgeable.

Also wondering about utilities...what electric runs (just an estimate) and water for a 2 bedroom apt. We'll mostly be gone during the day too. It's really exciting now that we've found a nice place and we're starting to pack!!
    Originally JessaBecc
    "God must be a WVU Mountaineer too cause he made the sun gold and the sky blue!"

2. Senior Member
    Truthfully I'd wait till seeing the area and apartments in person before committing. I'd say that about *any* place in Vegas though. Make sure it works for your needs first. Spend a bit in the apartment area to see what the neighbors are like. It is close to shopping (Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond, Best Buy, Target, etc). I like being near the Aliante area myself (we're a little farther east, but go to that shopping area all the time) and the 215.
    Water shouldn't be too bad because you won't have to worry about any yards/plants. It's a bit higher rate than I was used to back home, but nothing bad. Electric is higher in the summer (duh lol), but for our 1,100 sq ft house it normally peaks at $200 (but we do watch our electric use). It's A LOT lower in the winter. Check to see about gas. A lot places in town use gas stoves, gas water heaters, gas heaters, gas dryers, etc. Gas is cheaper than electric. Higher bills in the winter, but still lower than the summer electric bills. The great part of Vegas is fall (like November and December) and spring (late Feb, March, and April) when we can usually leaves both the a/c and the heat off for several weeks making for much lower bills.
    I hope the move goes smoothly!
    Cooking with Mrs Sea Monster | My Ramblings
    Mommy to Aiden (Nov 2010) and Zoe (VBAC Nov 2012)
  3. Regular Member

Welcome to Vegas

Hi! Welcome! I am here in Vegas with our four kiddos! My DH and I have been here for 7 years.
  4. Air Force Wife
    Air Force Wife
    Thanks! we put down $280 to hold an apartment till we can look at it...only $100 is refundable. This place does extensive background checks for criminal and drug activity, plus it's gated and the apartments have alarms in them. They look super nice and the people in the office are soooo nice and helpful, very knowledgeable, yet DF seems to think theyre money hungry, but I think you get what you pay for. Ive been dealing with them, he hasn't. I have a really good feeling about this though!!
    Originally JessaBecc
    "God must be a WVU Mountaineer too cause he made the sun gold and the sky blue!"