Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: San Diego area beach get-together!!! :)

1. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick

San Diego area beach get-together!!! :)--JUNE 9 @ OCEAN BEACH!!

Advertisements
    Wednesday, June 9, 12:00 noon (or whenever you can make it!!)

Just north of the Ocean Beach pier--click on the link below and it shows a Google Map with an address and you can click on it for directions from your location:

Ocean Beach Pier | Ocean Beach Mainstreet Association

Or if you just want to plug the address into your nav system:
    5099 Niagara Ave
    San Diego, CA 92107

I'm unsure about parking, as I've never been there--I just plan to get to that address and find parking, and then find a spot in the sand just north of the pier.

I will be there with my DD (who has red hair, easy to spot) and my son--we'll have a rainbow striped picnic blanket.

Hope to see you there! I believe at least myself, Tamsin, Navgirl, and 1greenmom will be there.
    Last edited by BethM; 06-08-2010 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Updating get-together info :)
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  2. Senior Member
    I could do the 8th or the 9th! The beach does not matter to me!
  3. Senior Member
    That sounds like a lot of fun. Ocean Beach is really nice as well, the pier is there and there are a lot of little shops and good places to eat.

I wish I could make it this week, but I'm headed back home for the week. Just my luck.
    Hah.
    Hopefully the SD ladies will be doing one again soon.
  4. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenmom View Post
    I could do the 8th or the 9th! The beach does not matter to me!
    Want to tentatively plan on the 9th unless someone else chimes in??

Quote Originally Posted by abigail View Post
    That sounds like a lot of fun. Ocean Beach is really nice as well, the pier is there and there are a lot of little shops and good places to eat.

I wish I could make it this week, but I'm headed back home for the week. Just my luck.
    Hah.
    Hopefully the SD ladies will be doing one again soon.
    Off to Google Ocean Beach LOL. If it ends up just being me and 1greenmom, maybe we ought to go near Carlsbad. Hopefully someone else will want to join us though!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  5. Senior Member

I'd love to. My SIL will be in town, too this week and I wanted to take her to the beach!
  6. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    I'd love to. My SIL will be in town, too this week and I wanted to take her to the beach!
    Yay! Does the 9th work for you? What area are you in and do you have a beach preference/recommendation?

FYI ladies, my kids will be in their swimsuits but I will NOT be! LOL Nobody needs to see this LOL.
  7. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    Yay! Does the 9th work for you? What area are you in and do you have a beach preference/recommendation?

FYI ladies, my kids will be in their swimsuits but I will NOT be! LOL Nobody needs to see this LOL.
    Yeah, the 9th is fine with me and I don't really have a beach preference. I am down in Chula Vista/Bonita area but any of the beaches are fine and not too far for me to go.

I won't be in a swim suit either for the same reason, LOL! I will be in clothes that can dry quickly if they do get wet from just playing in the shallow water, though. I might bring my boys if they feel like going, they are 11 and almost 13. They may want to go to friends' homes to play.
  8. Senior Member
    What time do you guys plan on going on the 9th? I have a WIC appointment at 11:15- and depending on what beach and time, my boys and I can meet you guys there.
  9. Senior Member
    I was actually going to try to go the beach on that Friday, June 11th coz its the only day we really don't have anything going on. I know that you can't go that day Beth- bummer!

I will try to go on the 9th to meet up with you all, but I will also be going on Friday if anyone wants to meet me there.
  10. Senior Member
    9th works for us. Like i said beach does not matter! The boys will be so excited to meet some new friends!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast