Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Housing lists

1. Regular Member

Hello Housing lists

Advertisements
    Hey Girls!
    We will be joining Miramar soon and I have been reading up on different experiences you have had and I was just wondering, if we got on the list for one of the housing on base like Miramar Townhomes or Miramar PQs and our position on the list still puts us out 10 months, are we able to move into Murphy Canyon and still be on the waiting list? or would we have to make other arrangements and wait it out until a home on base is available?

I've called and left messages but no calls back. I live alittle over 2 hours away and sometimes I feel like I should just get into the car and drive on over! haha

Any advice or info would be much appreciated!!! THANKS!
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Blog Entries
    Im not 100%, but I want to say No. I believe you can only be on one list at a time/one housing area, but like I said im not positive. Sorry I wasn't any real help.
    Last edited by hobdaymz; 05-29-2010 at 12:22 AM.
  3. USS STERETT WIFE
    USS STERETT WIFE
    No. In order to switch housing you have to move out of housing and then you can reapply to move back into the neighborhood that you want.
  4. Regular Member
    Thanks Ladies! It does make sense to not be able to, I guess just wishful thinking. hehe Out this way we have 801 housing that allows you to live there while waiting for housing aboard the base.

I guess we will have to make a decision to either wait it out til we get the housing we want or get into a house right away.
    Thanks again!!!
  5. Senior Member
    have you sent your paperwork over yet? A lot of times you can get a house before you even check out of your previous command (they dont tell you that though) but we got one before we left NC and signed a pre lease for murphy canyon. i wouldnt really go by the wait list number. just be persistent and get your paperwork in and be sure to follow up with it good luck
  6. Regular Member
    Thanks jab79! If I am sweet and persistent they will probably just give me a house to get me to stop callin'!!! haha We don't check in til late August so I wasn't sure how early was too early. When we applied for our home here, we got a call 2 weeks later and they told us 3-6 months wait time.

I do have all of my paperwork filled out and anxious to get the ball rolling!! I am an avid planner to this "up in the air" is hard for me to swallow.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My husband hasn't checked out of his command yet and we already have a house waiting for us (murphy canyon). I got the run around for weeks and eventually found someone who was very helpful and understanding. I would just keep trying and talk to as many different people as you can. The closer you get to your PCS the more helpful they seem to be.
    ~Di~
    i am in the not knowing anything right now which stinks! we are due to arrive in san diego in 3 weeks and no housing yet.. they said we cant really get on a waiting list till we are "physically" there but they can back date from the day he detached from this unit which was may 26..we really want murphy canyon plus we have pets... so im guessing we will prob be in a hotel for a little bit because there is a 1-3 month waiting list which is scary for me cause i need to know now!!!!like how would i register my kids in schools living in a hotel!? but yet again this is pcs season!!! good luck!

9. Senior Member
    marinewife521- I was told the same thing about housing but still sent my paperwork over and called them a few times to make sure they got it- Then they suddenly had a house to offer to us. THey said that you when come from across the country you get priority so just be sure to let them know that when you call them- they should be able to give you something- especially since the summer is a big PCS season and there are constantly people coming and going. How big are your pets? How old are your kids?
    Good luck- let me know if you have any questions on anything else
    ~Di~
    @jab79~ as we speak he is calling them yet again! they never call back its so frustrating...my friend just got out there and she got a house but yet again she has no pets and alot dont take pets we have a dog about 55lbs and a cat but my cat for now is staying behind because i cant drive from ny to cali with a cat, 3 kids and a dog!!! my kids are 10,7,and 4... i know school dont start there to sept but still i will have to register them and all this!!!! i am a planner and i guess you can say i need to be in control with certain things in my life and with this life i am soo not in control lol makes me nervous!!! thanks for the info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast