Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: moving to las vegas.. need friends...

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

moving to las vegas.. need friends...

Advertisements
    hi. my name is shelby, im dating an airman. we've been together for 17 months now. and hes in basic at the moment. im moving to vegas with him. he'll be stationed at creech afb. im very nervous about not knowing anyone...and how stressful its gonna be with money.. and all that. this is my first time moving away from home. i just graduated high school. and im scared... idk what to expect.
  2. Senior Member
    I grew up in Vegas! I lived there bascially all my life until I moved away for college. Where are you moving from? My husband is stationed in San Diego now but I still go home to visit.

Feel free to ask me any questions. Where are you guys going to be living?
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    thats awesome! whats is it like there..like is there alot of crimes?...good jobs?.. anything i should be worried about? lol im the type of person that worries about the worst..so haha. ya. im moving from lincoln, nebraska. im originally from california. and i LOVE the city. and im probably going to be actually living in vegas..bc thats where the jobs are at. but i dont really wanna do that if i dont have to. i would like to live in indian springs. where is only a mile where he'll be stationed at creech afb. is there any cheap apartments? or good places to live ? any advice is helpful. thank you for replying. hope to hear from you. =]
  4. we survived infertility
    we survived infertility
    We moved to Vegas in April. My husband is at Creech AFB also. Right now we live in Summerlin, which is arguably the nicest part of the city (master planned community), and we pay less than $750/mo for our apartment. We're only here until our house is done being built next month- house prices are CHEAP here too! My husband drives to a park and ride that is right off 95 and takes a bus to Creech, lots of the men do. It's about a 40 minute drive from where we are right now. If you live in Northwest Vegas it would probably be about a 20 min drive for him (that's where we are moving) and still in the city for you to work.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I lived in Summerlin for about 7 years. We had a really nice 3 br 2 1/2 bath with a pool, right behind Summerlin Hospital in a community called San Marino I believe, it was about $1500/ month including everything? I defintely suggest Summerlin, I always felt very safe there.
  6. Regular Member

I live in Vegas

Hi, we live in the north las vegas area that is newer nice where we are, after Lincoln you will love it here! Welcome!
    I am from Ogallala Nebraska but been in Vegas for 7 years.
  7. Air Force Wife
    Air Force Wife
    HI! my fiance and I are moving to Vegas and he'll be stationed at Creech. We're looking into Centennial Hills and Aliante neighborhoods. We have friend's that grew up there and these were 2 place they said were really nice. We're also looking into Summerlin, but would like to be closer to Creech than the city. From what I've read the job market isn't the greatest, but crime isn't too bad. It's going to be lots of fun once you get there!
    Originally JessaBecc
    "God must be a WVU Mountaineer too cause he made the sun gold and the sky blue!"